Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #11
Lippert/schwintec video shows it under the outside seal behind the motor. Look on youtube or lippert website for a visual

2015 Solera 24r
Rich.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #12
schwintek/lippert motor removal

Hello again Rich,

I peeled back the weather strip and found the screw that holds the motor in.
It doesn't just lift up and come out as in the video, but with some prying I removed it. Now all I have to do is hope that I selected the right one otherwise I will be putting the new one where I removed the old one and putting the old one on the other side. I looked at the Hall Effect unit and do not see any bad solder joints, so it may indeed be the other motor. I have looked over the motor body and there are no threaded holes for the screw to go into, so it looks like the screw just goes into one of the large openings on the motor to keep it from travelling up.

Thank you again for your help, I'm feeling a bit stupid right now. I will let you know if and when I get it fixed. Better than a trip to the dealer which is 50 miles away and according to the horror stories on the internet they do not know much more than I do.

paul huyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #13
24r solera slide out FIXED!

Once again many thanks to Rich M and all you others that helped with my slide out problem. I purchased a new motor from Amazon for about $150 including tax. I had to guess which one was bad (Hall effect sensor) and fortunately I guessed correctly. My problem was that one side went in or out further than the other causing it to get in a bind and stop. If you watch the video from Forest River it looks like a simple job, well it isn't. The screw that you take out on the outside doesn't really hold the motor in it just keeps it from moving around. Once removed the guy in the video just lifts it up and out, no such thing! There is no clearance on the bedroom slide and the motor has to be pried up and pulled out, there are 4 studs and a shaft that all have to go in perfectly when it is reassembled. The motor does not come with the studs, so they have to be taken off the old one and put on the new one. There is practically no room at all to work on the motor, consequently I had to disconnect the other motor, look down the hole, with a mirror, where the shaft would connect to the gears and run the motor until I could see that the shaft would engage. After that I had to run the motor in short bursts to get the 4 studs to line up. Not a pleasant job. Once that was done I replaced the screw from the outside and put the weather stripping back in place. Forest River should be ashamed at the shoddy way the weather stripping was assembled. Anyway, Hooray, everything works as it should, Thanks again for your help fellow RVr's

paul huyck is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, slide, slide out, solera