Old 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

2014 Solera 24R slide out problem

I have a rear slide out problem with a 2014 Solera 24R. The slide will move approximately 8 inches and stop I then reverse it about 1 inch then continue to slide it in or out for about 8 inches again. I can get it all the way out or in by using this procedure, which takes forever. I am afraid it may not work at all eventually. I have printed the Lippert manual and follow the instructions for resetting the motor positions to no avail. There appear to be no codes in the controller as it is hard to see inside it. The slide is definitely getting in a bind as it comes in or out slightly crooked. Please help.
Thank you,
Paul Huyck

Old 05-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

Check for slide seals getting caught in the track or in the rollers under the slide. Next I would check the wires to the motors behind the inside upper seal. Follow them as far as possible. Chaffed or broken wires are fairly common. Try to inspect the track gear and rollers with the slide out , can be seen with slide out behind outside seal. If all good then sounds like a bad motor or bad controller. Just my thoughts, good luck. Motors can be bought on Amazon. I often thought of buying a spare. Confirmed all 4 motors on the 24r slides are the same per Forest river parts dept. Can't remember if it was the 300:1 or the 500:1 ratio. Good luck , let us know the result.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #3

Took a look at the rear slide motor in the Solera this weekend. Part number on the motor is Lippert 236575. Available on Amazon for $140. All 4 slide motors are the same for the 24r. Don't know about the other models.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #4

2014 solera 24r rear bed slide out problem

Thank you for your reply Rich.M. I have since found a second controller which is for the rear bed slide. I did as the instructions said and came up with a trouble code 8 which means that there is a short between the controller and the motor.
Error named "Hall Signal Not Present" The encoder is not providing a signal which is usually a wiring problem. I have checked the wires at the motors and at the controller and they seem to be intact. Has anyone out there experienced this problem and if so what was the remedy. I prefer not to take it back to the dealer as they are 50 miles away. Thank you for any help that you can give me.
Paul Huyck
Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #5

Found this post, Schwintek slide problem - Dutchmen Owners May be it will help.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #6

I had a similar (same?) problem which turned out to be a defective slide controller. I was able to isolate it because the 24R has two slides which use the same controller. I swapped the controllers and the problem moved with the controller, rather than staying with the slide and it's motors. You might try a similar swap to either confirm a controller problem or eliminate the controller as the source.

Good luck!

Dave
Old 05-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #7

I am reading all these post on slideout problems. We used to have a 1993 Wildwood 5th wheel took the slideout in and out 100 times or more and never had a problem. N we have a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400W and everytime we take it out and in some
Old 05-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #8

Schwintek troubleshooting manual is in the library:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=190

Owner's Manual also in the library with error codes, etc. (including Hall Signal error code, which is usually a wiring problem):

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=184
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley58 View Post
I am reading all these post on slideout problems. We used to have a 1993 Wildwood 5th wheel took the slideout in and out 100 times or more and never had a problem. N we have a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400W and everytime we take it out and in some
You were saying....?
Old 06-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #10

Regarding motor removal 2014 Solera bedroom slide. The Forest River video is vague as to where the screw is that holds the motor. Anyone out there know where it is?

Tags
2014, slide, slide out, solera