Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 165
2014 Solera Microwave

I guess it's that time of the year for me. I plugged in my Solera from my 30A house plug this evening. Never had a problem before, but this time my microwave GFI switched off. I smelled something unusual as well. So, I unplugged, waited awhile, and then plug back in. This time the GFI did not trip but the microwave still does not work. I microwave light is on, but very dim. So, i checked the heat pump; it works just fine, and so does the furnace. Not sure what happened here with the microwave circuit. Anyone else have a similiar type of issue? I'm sure something needs to be replaced. Thoughts? Thanks, Mike

BLK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Find the plug where the microwave is hooked to and test that receptacles' voltage. Should read 110v+ voltage reading, if it reads ok chances are your micro is defective.

That a start at least.

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
hkreck's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,194
X2 with Still Kickin if everything else is working then something wrong at the microwave end.
Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
Mikegjax's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,388
There is a removable round plate inside the cabinet above the sink. That might be access to the Microwave power.
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
camaraderie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,895
Once you get it out and get access...if you are just a little bit comfortable working on stuff...Unscrew all the screws holding the back cover/shroud on the M'wave and remove the shroud. Then look closely at where the electrical wire enters the M'wave...within the first few inches you should see the wire go to a circuit board with a fuse on it. Pull the fuse and check it. If it is not a "see thru" type fuse...check it with the ohm setting on your multimeter. Turn the meter ON then turn the dial to ohms. The readout should be "1"....not touch the two leads to the ends of the fuse and it should drop to near 0 if the fuse is good. Remaining at 1 means you need to replace the fuse. If you just had a power surge or something..that may be all you need to do to fix it. The amperage of the fuse should be stamped on the metal ends OR written in the slot on the circuit board.
Good luck!
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 50

we had a problem with the microwave: It usually ran for about 2 minutes and then shut down. Turns out the fan was not working and led to tripping of the thermal fuse inside the oven. Replaced the entire oven and now all is fine.

dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, solera

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.