Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 AM   #11
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera "S" with the Lippert Flush Floor slide out, the bar connecting the gear to the motor can be released/removed by taking out the bolts at the gears. In your pictures, the bolt under your finger in the top picture; the bolt nearest the top of the bottom picture. With the bolt out I believe you can rotate the gear (by pushing that side of the slide) until the sides of the slide and the gears are "even". The bolt allows re-insertion every half turn of the shaft. Not sure why yours is so many teeth off. Believe there is a pin which can shear allowing the shaft to not drive the gear - possible cause? If the two gears are as far off "synch" as appears in your pictures (assuming the stops are properly located) that could, I believe, cause the slide to bind during actuation.

JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEnvy View Post
The more I talk to the Forest River authorized repair shops the more I fear I'll be fixing this myself. It seems the two tracks are not on the same tread. Not sure how to fix this. Ideas?Attachment 66347Attachment 66348
Hard to tell by the picture but it looks like there is no dry lube on it at all, I would try and spray some graphite dry lube on the sprocket and gear bar with the teeth. You can get some dry lube at Napa for that and then try it before you take it in. Other then that take it in. You should spay that at least 2 x's per year. At least I do. Hope it saves you a trip to the dealer....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #13

Any word from the slide department? It's only gotten worse. Takes a good 20 minutes to get it back in now.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #14

Hold up till Brian get back on this. It sounds that your taxing the drive motor pretty good, so wait till FR posts back on this.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #15
GM

I printed your pictures again and sent them out to the line. Waiting on word. We previously discussed potential problems, but without seeing the unit in person it is hard to trouble shoot. The picture shows the slide stops, but those are installed by Lippert and they seem to be installed in two different holes. So that in an of itself does not tell us anything. Hope to know more today. If it is stopping, the other thought is that a motor is over heating and shutting down. Now to figure out why its in a bind.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
GM

Well, what we think is that it is the 20 amp resettable fuse that is triggering due to torque on the slide. Then resetting, thus the start and stop.

We need a picture of of the slide rams in the out position. So if the slide is out...we need a shot of the rams from the vantage point of the back of your head under the slide, touching the wall of the unit. Video, pictures, as much as you can of ends of the rams (side, underneath, etc). What the slide installer things is that an adjustment bolt is loose and letting the slide sag. May just be a 9/16" wrench to make some adjustments.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #17
GM

2400S, 24S Adjustment

This is what I am looking for. I (well not me, but the slide installer) will be able to tell by this picture if they are adjusted properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24S Adjustment Point.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	66813  

Tags
slide, slide out