Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #1

2015 2400s slide out

I recently became the proud owner of a new Sunseeker 2400s and I'm really enjoying it. I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out on with the slide out. It takes up to 5 minutes to go in and out. I'll be holding the button and it continually starts and stops, moving a few inches each time. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it?
Thank you all.
Sam
SouthernEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #2

To me it sounds like something wrong with the unit, might want to have it looked at. Did it take that long during the PDI?
Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #3

It wasn't smooth then either, but it has gotten worse. I bought it new two weeks ago.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Average Joe

Take it back. Sounds broke to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #5

No way should it take that long. 30 seconds is about normal. Take it to your dealer.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #6

It sounds like you have loose wire connections.
barbhalsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Something is hanging up, which means it will stop so that you can re-sync. When it stops, let go, then hit the button again, the other side should come into square, it will stop again, then start back in square (until it is unsquare again and stop). That is what is happening...now you need to figure out what is causing it.

Check that the rubber seals on the outside are not getting caught in the roller below the track. Sure sign is a black roller wheel. (should be white)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #8

The more I talk to the Forest River authorized repair shops the more I fear I'll be fixing this myself. It seems the two tracks are not on the same tread. Not sure how to fix this. Ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1415907494.085278.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1,003.3 KB
ID:	66347Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1415907509.404375.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	941.5 KB
ID:	66348
Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #9

As shown above, one side is touching the stop, the other is not. Holding the button down doesn't fix it.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
Commercial Member

1. My earlier post is all incorrect. I did not pay attention to the model. You have an above floor Lippert flush floor slide out (not a schwintec). My apologies.
2. The stops could be in the wrong spot.
3. Let me print this, take it to the slide out department and get back with you in the morning.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 AM   #11
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera "S" with the Lippert Flush Floor slide out, the bar connecting the gear to the motor can be released/removed by taking out the bolts at the gears. In your pictures, the bolt under your finger in the top picture; the bolt nearest the top of the bottom picture. With the bolt out I believe you can rotate the gear (by pushing that side of the slide) until the sides of the slide and the gears are "even". The bolt allows re-insertion every half turn of the shaft. Not sure why yours is so many teeth off. Believe there is a pin which can shear allowing the shaft to not drive the gear - possible cause? If the two gears are as far off "synch" as appears in your pictures (assuming the stops are properly located) that could, I believe, cause the slide to bind during actuation.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEnvy View Post
The more I talk to the Forest River authorized repair shops the more I fear I'll be fixing this myself. It seems the two tracks are not on the same tread. Not sure how to fix this. Ideas?Attachment 66347Attachment 66348
Hard to tell by the picture but it looks like there is no dry lube on it at all, I would try and spray some graphite dry lube on the sprocket and gear bar with the teeth. You can get some dry lube at Napa for that and then try it before you take it in. Other then that take it in. You should spay that at least 2 x's per year. At least I do. Hope it saves you a trip to the dealer....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #13

Any word from the slide department? It's only gotten worse. Takes a good 20 minutes to get it back in now.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #14

Hold up till Brian get back on this. It sounds that your taxing the drive motor pretty good, so wait till FR posts back on this.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #15
Commercial Member

I printed your pictures again and sent them out to the line. Waiting on word. We previously discussed potential problems, but without seeing the unit in person it is hard to trouble shoot. The picture shows the slide stops, but those are installed by Lippert and they seem to be installed in two different holes. So that in an of itself does not tell us anything. Hope to know more today. If it is stopping, the other thought is that a motor is over heating and shutting down. Now to figure out why its in a bind.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Well, what we think is that it is the 20 amp resettable fuse that is triggering due to torque on the slide. Then resetting, thus the start and stop.

We need a picture of of the slide rams in the out position. So if the slide is out...we need a shot of the rams from the vantage point of the back of your head under the slide, touching the wall of the unit. Video, pictures, as much as you can of ends of the rams (side, underneath, etc). What the slide installer things is that an adjustment bolt is loose and letting the slide sag. May just be a 9/16" wrench to make some adjustments.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #17
Commercial Member

2400S, 24S Adjustment

This is what I am looking for. I (well not me, but the slide installer) will be able to tell by this picture if they are adjusted properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24S Adjustment Point.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	66813  

Tags
slide, slide out