Old 01-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #11
GM

Has not. Its on the list though, not sure of a time table.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #12

Wiring question
I understand that new units come with usb in coach
Does this work while dry camping
If yes what part is needed to retrofit my 2013s and where do you hard wire it . I will use to charge my iPhone
I currently use cigarette lighter in cab but frighten about running chassis battery down

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #13
GM

USB charger is 12V native. Works when dry camping.
Part listed on this thread usb ports although any native 12v device would work.
You can tie into just about any 12v power supply.
You should not worry much about the cab lighter. You still have an emergency start switch on the left hand side of the driver seat (Lower). That connects the chassis battery to the house battery. So if either one drains you can use the other. If you drain them both...we'll...that's what AAA is for.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
Wiring question
I understand that new units come with usb in coach
Does this work while dry camping
If yes what part is needed to retrofit my 2013s and where do you hard wire it . I will use to charge my iPhone
I currently use cigarette lighter in cab but frighten about running chassis battery down
I installed a couple of these in my 24R:

Amazon.com : Tent with Dual USB Charger Socket for Boat / Rv / Car / Motor-home / Rv / Car / Motor-home - External Mount : Sports & Outdoors

I only installed the charger itself - not the shroud. I installed one in the wall between the living room slide and the bathroom and the other in the foot of the bed. I picked up a couple of more-or-less matching blank plastic electrical box covers and drilled them to the correct diameter so these outlets look like they are factory work.

I didn't have any trouble finding 12 volt electrical for either of them. I think both 12v lines were going to lights of one sort or another.

Dave
Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #15

Ditto for the 2013s got two 12v outlets not working one under ash tray and rear TV
Thanks....PaDawg
Old 04-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #16

2015 Solera 24 R Driver's side rear LED circuit/fuse

040715 - I have a 2015 Solera 24 R. The driverís side rear LED light (mounted high on the exterior of the driverís side of the vehicle) will not come on when the switch is turned on in the Convenience Center. I want to check to see if there is voltage at the exterior LED fixture and the fuse box. I found the fuse box in the ingress/egress stair well but the diagram on the fuse box cover does not mention this exterior LED light. I can not find this LED Light on the schematics posted earlier. Do you know which fuse/circuit provides power to this driverís side rear LED light?
Old 04-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #17

Not sure if I've got the right light - are you referring to the relatively large, round, light near the back of the coach - the so-called "scare" light?

If so, the diagrams show that as item # 9 in the "12V Recessed LED" section. According to the listings, it's a 25 watt light on circuit # 3 with a brown wire. I think that's circuit 3 in the "Distribution Center Panel", located near the floor on the passenger side of the kitchen (as I recall...) The fuse appears to be labeled "LR Ceiling Lights".

If that's the light you're asking about...

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASolera View Post
040715 - I have a 2015 Solera 24 R. The driverís side rear LED light (mounted high on the exterior of the driverís side of the vehicle) will not come on when the switch is turned on in the Convenience Center. I want to check to see if there is voltage at the exterior LED fixture and the fuse box. I found the fuse box in the ingress/egress stair well but the diagram on the fuse box cover does not mention this exterior LED light. I can not find this LED Light on the schematics posted earlier. Do you know which fuse/circuit provides power to this driverís side rear LED light?
Old 04-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #18

Thank you. This is the light I was talking about. I saw the Item 9 listing on Circuit fuse 3 light listed but I did not know if the SCA RE destination was for this exterior LED light. I will check this out. This LED Light is also listed on page 2 of 6 as item 39.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #19

Well after checking the voltage at the fuse box and switch at the Convenience Center I removed the light cover on the outside of the RV and found the build had blown up. I thought the bulb was a LED but turns out it is a 12V incandescent bulb #1056. Replaced and all is good.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #20

Anyone know the difference between the 2015 Solera 24R and the Forester 2401R both by Forest River?

Tags
wiring