Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #21

Looks great. Where were you when you took the pic's?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #22

Northern part of Colorado, to include Rocky Mountain National Park, Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Veil..
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #23

Ok, thought it looked familiar, been a while since I was there.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #24

Beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Makes me want to head north and west!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Makes me want to head north and west!
That's exactly what we're doing... starting next Saturday. Ultimate Destination Spearfish, SD.

Debbie... we're heading to Alaska next summer - Hurry up and retire and come join us
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post

That's exactly what we're doing... starting next Saturday. Ultimate Destination Spearfish, SD.

Debbie... we're heading to Alaska next summer - Hurry up and retire and come join us
Great - we expect pictures when you can! It will probably be another year or two (maybe three) before we can officially retire. We will do an out west trip sometime and Alaska is on the bucket list too. We did Alaska on a cruise about 3 years ago, but I'm sure it will be better taking our time and seeing the actual country side. Have a safe and fun trip to SD!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #27

Super info from all. We just returned to Kingston Wa. in our 24S after a quick run up the "Selkirk Loop" in BC, got 4400 miles on our rig and really enjoying it. A question tho' , the sink cover broke when you set a coffee pot on it? Another question, does anyone recommend a stove top cover foe extra counter space? Thanks for the great help, I'm sure we'll be able to 'contribute' soon enough..PaDawg
PaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #28

A question tho' , the sink cover broke when you set a coffee pot on it?
I guess it had a crack already when I got the coach...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDawg View Post
Super info from all. We just returned to Kingston Wa. in our 24S after a quick run up the "Selkirk Loop" in BC, got 4400 miles on our rig and really enjoying it. A question tho' , the sink cover broke when you set a coffee pot on it? Another question, does anyone recommend a stove top cover foe extra counter space? Thanks for the great help, I'm sure we'll be able to 'contribute' soon enough..PaDawg
I put a anti slip thingy on the stove and put the sink cover on top. Doesn't fit all the way across, but does make it so I can use that area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-448606125.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	39466  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #30

Quote:
I put a anti slip thingy on the stove and put the sink cover on top. Doesn't fit all the way across, but does make it so I can use that area.
Did similar. Made a cutting board to the dimensions of the range top, and glued nonslip to one side. We leave this over the range top whenever we're not using the burners. With this in place, and the sink cover in place over the sink, SWMBO has scads of counter space.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #31
2018 FR3 30DS

I guess this should have been posted on the mods thread but this will do...Also purchased a cutting board for the stove top but it had a non slip backing already on it.
Also DW has small dish drain and a black absorption mat she puts under the drain (the drain sits on the liftup next to the sink...(2011 S).

For leveling, I use a "bullet" leveler with magnets on bottom. I leave it stuck to the edge of the stove top when traveling and don't have to hunt for it.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #32

Hi DebbieMH - just saw you are from New Orleans, I might be there next week. Any insider knowledge where to camp and where to go? Does Walmart allow a overnight and how safe is the neighborhood??
Hans
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
Hi DebbieMH - just saw you are from New Orleans, I might be there next week. Any insider knowledge where to camp and where to go? Does Walmart allow a overnight and how safe is the neighborhood??
Hans
Hi Hans. If you want near the Quarter - recommend French Quarter RV Resort. I haven't stayed there as we have a house here, but have heard good things. Also Pontchartrain Landing is good. I would not recommend any over night parking in any of our Walmarts. If you have never been here before - do go to the Quarter and take some tours. No place like it in the world!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Hi Hans. If you want near the Quarter - recommend French Quarter RV Resort. I haven't stayed there as we have a house here, but have heard good things. Also Pontchartrain Landing is good. I would not recommend any over night parking in any of our Walmarts. If you have never been here before - do go to the Quarter and take some tours. No place like it in the world!
Just stay close to a NO restaurant. But then, you may not want to go home!