Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #1

4,200 miles

We have had our Solera now since mid October. We have a little over 4200 miles on it. Unfortunately have only been able to camp in it once, but use it as a car to drive back and forth to our second home on a weekly basis. The DEF light came on tonight, so we will fill it up this weekend. Anyway, the Solera is such a pleasure to drive, we absolutely love it! It is comfortable, dogs like having their beds, I like not having to use rest area rest rooms. I wondered if we were making a mistake purchasing a motor home for our weekly commute - but we didn't - the Solera was an excellent choice. I'm looking forward to taking it for some real overnights soon. Anyway, just wanted to give an update..
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Commercial Member

We know we need to hear the bad so we can fix stuff that needs fixing, but we love to hear the good as well. It always nice to see things work out like planned.

Thanks for the info.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #3

I just love my 2012 Solera 24S. Purchased new and took delivery in March 2012. Ordered with sofa instead of dinette for my collie dog and me. I have the big, 26 inch tv over the cab and the corner bed is just perfect for man and dog. In October 2012, I decided it was time to go full-time in our RV. We put apartment living behind and have truly enjoyed our Solera for the past 3 months. Interestingly, I have found DebbieMH remark about 4200 miles extremely accurate for DEF fill up time. Also, I get excellent mileage, always around 15 mpg, when traveling at around 55 mph. Best mileage was 17.0 mpg on a I-5 trip at constant 50 mpg between Woodland, WA., and Fife, WA. Good winter motorhome travels. Thank you to Forest River for a motorhome that was well made and that I truly enjoy.
l10222002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #4

Wow. Full time in a Solera, not quite sure I could downsize that much. (we actually have 3 houses - one we rent out and one we use during the week for work, and one we really live in on the weekends and will retire to some day). It would be nice though to know you can just get up and go whenever you feel like it and have all your stuff with you! Im glad you are enjoying your home! Thanks for posting.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote