Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #1

A couple of newbie questions

We have had our 2016 Sunseeker 2400R for about two months and have been in it full time for about the last two weeks.

Every once in a while I have a small amount of water dripping out of a drain line just to the left of the coach stairs when going in. Guessing it is the refrigerator or maybe electric water heater since those are the only things I can think of and it seems to be dripping when I start the electric water heater (don't always leave it on) and sometimes the drip pan in the refrigerator has water in it. Anyone know what that drain line might be for?

The coach has a slight list to the right, enough that I used one leveling block on the front and rear right side tires to level the coach out and we are what seems to be a very level pad. Doesn't seem like it is overloaded on the right hand side with what we have put in storage. Fresh water tank is empty so I'm thinking maybe I will fill that up and see if that makes a difference, not real sure where it is located. The gray tank is empty and I drain the black tank when it gets to 1/3. Wonder if anyone else thinks their coach is lower on the right side?

Does anyone know if there are alarms that sound or display when your gray and black tanks are full? Same question for when your LP and battery levels are low?

Have the same problem with our diesel generator not being able to run the AC. For us it is intermittent, sometimes it will run if I run the fan for about 5 minutes before I set to AC. The other times as soon as I set to AC from fan it drops the generator offline and I get a "short circuit" on the generator display. Have made sure all the other major electrical drawing items are off. Will tell the dealer about the hard start capacitor fix since they weren't able to do anything the first time we had it in for warranty work and they said they would talk to the factory about the issue. We have to bring it back in for some other warranty work, mainly one of our dual recliners was installed crooked which bent the frame and the dealer had to order a full replacement.

Overall very happy with the unit, it is our full time home right now after selling our house. Talk about downsizing! I'm on a five month count down until I stop working in January and we start a year long tour of the US. Thanks for all the help on this forum.
CanAm326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #2

Water by steps could be your frig. drain running down the floor and out the bottom of the RV (happened to me). There should be a drain line coming out of the access panel to the back of the frig. If not sticking through the frig. vent, water can drain inside.
Hot water pressure relief could also be the culprit. Water can run down the outside trim Nd drip by the steps. Last could be the low point drains under the coach just to the rear if the steps. If you look under the coach you can see the drains.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Site Team

If the water is coming from the black 1/2" drain line sticking out the Fridge vent, then it is the drain line from the drip pan and this is normal.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #4

Flybob is correct. If it is draining the frig. pan to the outside, normal, inside not normal.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #5

Water drip by steps when first turning the water heater on is the expansion from the heated water.

Just tighten your low point drain caps. The red one is the hot water.

No alarms sound for full tanks or low levels, so keep an eye on things.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #6

I saw a DIY video about the ref drain where I learned that the outside compartment entrance may need to have some silicone chalking applied to the front of the compartment to prevent water from the hose leaking down into the coach from the outside. Something to consider.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #7

I do not know how generator did not give you AC ( when running), did you plug in dead end of shore power cable to the receptacle ( cheep version of transfer switch in most of class c MH) as I have in Prism.
If your gen did not want to run, check the safety switch on the right side of start button in the gen, may be it's on position OFF ...
Prism 24G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
2012 Solera

Several posters on the Solera forum report problems running the Dometic 13.5 AC with the Onan 3200 watt generator. See this thread:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...era-89424.html
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #9

I have a 2014 24R and the right side is a little lower than the left side if my waste tanks are empty. I have never weighed the unit side to side however it appears to me there is a lot of equipment on the right side of the unit. This includes refrigerator, stove, microwave, water heater and generator. I might put on block under the right front tire on lots that look level however once I put the slide out and get some water in the waste tanks it levels out.
Eric99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 24G View Post
I do not know how generator did not give you AC ( when running), did you plug in dead end of shore power cable to the receptacle ( cheep version of transfer switch in most of class c MH) as I have in Prism.
If your gen did not want to run, check the safety switch on the right side of start button in the gen, may be it's on position OFF ...
Soleras, Sunseeker MBS and Forester MBS auto transfer. What year is your Prism?

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags