Originally Posted by Fla Lizard
My wife (Fla Lizard) and I picked up our new 24MS yesterday from the dealer and have a few questions we think will be much more likely to be answered correctly by this forum than the dealership (not slamming them, just don't think they know).
So, in no particular order:
Is anyone else getting a "rumble strip noise" during deceleration? I noticed this every time I was slowing down through about 10mph, 1000-1500ish rpm. I assume it's some sort of transmission issue... the chassis is a 2013 Sprinter. This problem was not evident on the unit we test drove a few months ago.
Is there a chassis battery disconnect switch similar to the house battery disconnect switch? If not, generally how long are you able to let the unit sit without having the chassis battery die?
Has anyone figured out if the 2013 chassis is prewired for a tow brake controller and either way, any tips on installing a brake controller?
Is there a trick to getting a DVD to display on the main TV from the Magnadyne dash unit? The left, right and video RCA connectors are plugged into AV2 input on the back of the TV and appear to be connected correctly to the back of the Magnadyne unit, but no video on the TV, regardless of input source on the TV.
Can we get the data card for the chassis from Forest River or do we have to find a sympathetic MB dealer to print it out for us?
Has anyone added an electronic management system display panel to see what kind of electrical loads the system is experiencing... charging rates to the batteries, amperage loads from the generator, etc?
Has anyone added an additional propane port to a 24MS (to connect a gas grill) or an Extend-a-Stay?
Thanks in advance for the help... if you do well, I'll ask more questions... Brian
1. I have not heard the "rumble strip" noise. You may want to have MB dealer take a look at this.
2. There is a chassis battery disconnect device in the floorboard area near the top of the accelerator pedal. Should be a reference to this in your chassis owner's manual. I've located it but never tried to disconnect!!
3. I understand there is a connection for a prewired brake - read it on a forum post somewhere - you might do a search on the Solera Forum. I have no need for a brake controller, so never looked! If you're thinking of towing a car you'll need some other type brake control for the toad brakes.
4. First, insert the DVD into the Magnadyne and Make DVD active. Then, you need to set your Television input to one of the AV inputs. DVD in Magnadyne should then show up. You can use your Magnadyne remote to control it
5. Not sure about data card? What are you referring to? If it's MB build order you may have to go to an MB dealer. Nothing came with mine!
6. There are several devices on the market that monitor the electrical/battery system. The EMS from Progressive has a remote readout, but it is for monitoring AC input. Solar Power system dealers have devices that monitor Battery functions: charge rate, level, discharge rate, etc. etc. I believe some of those will also read data concerning AC input. Do a google for RV Solar Systems, Inc.
7. Extend-a-stay is available from almost any RV dealer, and they should be able to install it. Alternatively, a propane dealer can do the same!
Glad you finally got delivery of your MS (just as FR announced they are discontinuing that model! I also have the MS and would not have selected the S model (which was only other model available at the time). A shame... hope it's only temporary 'til they work out the bugs from the lift system!