Old 12-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #1

ABS light and more..

Driving to the Keys at a speed of about 45 and very gentle braking (approaching an intersection) my Solera acted up : although I was on the brake pedal it wanted to accelerate. Could override with a lot of brake pressure and turned cruise control off. Then 3 yellow lights came on: ABS ESP and ASR.
Braking is ok - it feels just normal.
I am hoping it is just an ABS malfunction- manual states with ABS failure EPS and ASR as well as cruise control are deactivated.
Disconnected car battery for about 30 min and then back up again: while still at rest lights still on, as soon as I started rolling down the HWY all lights went off - and came back on after about 10 miles.
Did not dare to try cruise control.....
Any similar experiences or inputs other than see mercedes dealer? (Pretty far away)

Thank you Hans

Old 12-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #2

I believe if memory serves, that a member had a similar malfunction and reported the cause on here. I think it turned out to be a faulty ABS wheel sensor.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

In the auto world that can be an indication of the faulty sensor. Sometime it just needs some cleaning off. They ar3 usually around where the brake rotors are so th3y get crude up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #4

Solution to your ABS etc lights

We just went through this this past September and it was the rear wheel sensors that needed replacing - we just got ours under warranty by 9 days - very lucky. It fixed it all and it has been great since.
An easy change when you are near a shop that can do this for you, otherwise we had to limp to the nearest one - was ok to drive, just very frustrating with having to stop frequently and restart. It had to be a Mercedes dealer who dealt with Sprinters too as we found out it can not be a car dealership.

Good luck
We have the 2013 Solera 24S
Old 12-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #5

Sent you a pm link to part is Sprinter ABS Sensor ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Left Rear Speed Sensor | eBay
Old 12-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

Thank you so much - Still Kickin - good to know now that the warranty is all out.
Do you know which scanner is the best for the sprinters? I would like to get the pro one as my husband is a mechanic.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #7

Sorry I do not. However, i'm sure others will chime in with recommendations.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #8

To heck with the ABS light. I would be more concerned with why there was acceleration while I'm on the brakes.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #9

Still parked in the Keys- next mercedes service is far away...
Got a scanner - it is reading the code P068 A (powertrain, computer, aux outputs - iso/sae controller) and U140C ( Network).
In addition running a system check with the scanner I am getting 5 "not ok" messages like:
Mid: $03 TId:$d4
02 bank 1 sensor3
Min 32.768 max 40
Do those help at all, worth posting?
Hans
Old 12-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

There's also an ABS sensor on the differential. Costs about $10, takes five minutes to replace. I had one on our old RV that got busted by road debris if some sort. Should be on the top front of the differential and has one small bolt and a clip holding it in. If you hook up a gage to the computer port, the error code should tell you what's throwing the error and allow you to reset the system. Most auto parts places now will check the code for you at no charge.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light