Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #1

Adding a 2nd back-up camera to 2013 Solera

I note that on the back-up camera monitor of my 2013 Solera 24R, there is a "V1/V2" button. Pressing it toggles between a camera view and a "no signal" error message, leading me to believe that it is possible to view feeds from two different cameras on the monitor.

Has anyone added a second camera to the back of their Solera? The existing camera is pointed down to show the area immediately behind the coach. That's great for ensuring that no one is standing behind you when you back up. My thought is that a second camera, aimed farther back, would be useful in assessing traffic conditions behind me. Anyone tried that?

If so, is the wiring already in place for a second camera, or would additional wiring need to be run? Anyone know the model # of the camera, or a listing of cameras compatible with the monitor?

TJ
Tranquil Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #2

We have a camera on the back of our Silverback. The thing is either on wrong or something. It shows you going in the wrong lane. Just backwards. Is it on wrong?
Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Commercial Member

1. You can adult the rear camera to give you a little better viewing ante. Maybe move it off the bumper so that it is JUST out of the field of vision of the camera. OR you can add side view cameras to the body. That camera is a Rear Visions System
There is no extra wiring in place.

2. As for the Silverback. Not sure what camera/monitor they use but they all have a setting to mirror the image. Need to find the manual and flip that. Its normally a toggle or a software setting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVS Rear View Camera 70619n.pdf (1.17 MB, 67 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, solera