Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #1

after prep delivery time

Anyone have an idea how long it takes to prep and deliver a Solera? I was told by the dealer that my was in for prep two weeks ago and am still waiting with my first payment coming due next week. Talk about stress

Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #2

You already paid for a unit that has not been delivered to you?
Never heard of financing a unit that a title or MSO has not been provided to the bank.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #3

I know what you mean, I was very reluctant to sent the payment in but what can you do. If you don't sent the bank the payment it goes on your credit score and I've worked hard to have the score that I have. One thing about it is that I basically own that unit now because I'm paying on it and a friend of my who happens to know the law told me I could start charging them rent on it. Might have to think about that.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
One thing about it is that I basically own that unit now because I'm paying on it and a friend of my who happens to know the law told me I could start charging them rent on it. Might have to think about that.
Not wanting to stick my nose into your financing arrangements at this point. But I would certainly advise (not an attorney!) you determine IF in fact you do own the trailer or not. There are insurance considerations if you are the owner. Prep can take a week for the dealer, but if he already has his money then he won't be in as big a hurry. Best suggestion is to call the dealer and get a date certain appointment set for your walk-thru and delivery and if the dealer won't schedule then park your "backside" on his lot until he is tired of seeing you.

Simple rule: A deposit on order is reasonable with the right to cancel if the unit is not as ordered or not functioning. Only pay when you have completed an extensive walk-thru to verify your purchase. Good luck.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

I've been in contact with the dealer and he had their main office call me. But all I get from them is that their very busy and are trying to get it preped ASAP. Won't give an approximate delivery date. I'm not sure who set up the first payment date the dealer or the bank but I'm only giving them another week before I start calling them every day about it. No your not sticking your nose into it, I apprecate any commendsor suggestions. thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #6

Is it RV Direct?
1973 Camaro RS, LS6/475hp, 6spd
skullskidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #7

Yes it is
Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #8

Our Windjammer is getting on the road from them on Sunday. Apparently, their prep is a little longer because they don't want your unit to show up with the driver with things not working. Do I think everything will be perfect...no. Have you received your certificate of origin and your check for your license plate?
1973 Camaro RS, LS6/475hp, 6spd
skullskidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #9

Maybe a call to the Factory is in order as well to keep your Warranty in place from the day it is delivered to your door and to give them heads up of what is going on with your unit and would tell them you already made the first payment and havent taken delivery of your unit you ordered.

I would contact the finance company and give them heads up that you havent recieved the unit and see if they will delay the payments because technically you havent signed the release that says it is yours unless you did that when you ordered it which puts you on the hook.

I would also keep hounding the dealer as well since you have made the first payment and have not recieved the goods you are paying on.

Might be worth a shot to consult a lawyer or check to see if there are any state statues pertaining to this and throw the statues out there when you talk to them.

I know what you mean by credit - I have too worked hard to keep my credit score up there as well and try to avoid issues.

Good Luck with this - hopefully it will all work out and stay calm when dealing with them even though some of the piss ya off.

just throwing some ideas out there and not saying this is what should be done but it gives you more options is all
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #10

Yes I have the license plates and received and paid the taxes on it, I believe I got the certificate of origin? Not sure what you mean on that?