Old 08-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #1

Agree

I think I have to agree with the member that said he would like to see a mbs or solera site. Separate from others no offense to the others with TT I think it would bee a lot easier to keep track of problems and issues that may arise if they came up on either the mbs site. For both that TT people and the mbs. Anyone have additional thoughts?

Old 08-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #2

Sure, but your not going to get it and heres why. There is a specific sub-forum within here for the various types of products by FR. The problem arises when 1. members come in to the sub-forum through a different portal (i.e. topic driven) and not through, in this case Solera. 2. members chime in and really don't know, either because they don't read the OP's original Q. or they simply want to give their two cents and don't care if it pertains to the discussion, trying to get a solution. Well, thats my take on it anyway.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Class C Representative

The forum site gives everyone that has a Forest River product a chance to get together and exchange information, issues, trips, solutions, mods etc. It also provides a place for non or future Forest River owners who are interested in any of our product to see real customer reviews.
If you were to separate the sub-forums into their own individual sites you wouldn't see nearly the same amount of activity as you do from Forest River owners and less factory interaction. Getting on one website for me is more helpful than getting on 3 different websites.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #4

My 2 cents:

Best thing to do is to note your make/model/year when posting about a problem you may be having.

Noting your rig setup in your signature is a plus.

Since I have a Solera, I mostly troll the Solera portion of FRF. I used to own FR TT's so I know a little about those but don't troll there.

All new or updated posts for the entire site appear in the "recent discussions" part of the site, so help from all comers could follow your post. Not sayin this is a bad thing, just some issues folks have are model specific and not generic.

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #5

I tend to agree that a unique site or url for a specific model and/or chassis of product from Forest River would be a mistake. Nevertheless I do think there's merit to updating the sub-forums in order to direct the conversation(s) regarding the MBS chassis models into a single location. There are a lot of threads that relate to either the MBS chassis and/or the associated floor plans and it would certainly be convenient if this was all in one repository.

For example, I posted a thread in the Solera sub-forum today because I thought it would get the most views by other owners that may be able to assist me. However technically, the model I have (or will have soon) is a Forester. I just don't think I would have had as many views and as good of a potential of getting some assistance in the Forester sub-forum.

On the other hand, the present structure of the forum is model based and making a change not only raises questions about what to do with existing threads but also whether other sub-forums should be dissected by chassis type (i.e. Ford vs Chevy).

Regardless, I don't have all the answers and certainly not in control of the forum structure. In the meantime I tend to troll the Solera, Sunseeker and Forester sub-forums for the information I'm interested in. And every effort made to use detailed thread titles will make each thread easier to pull up in search results.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #6

For those using the iPhone or iPad The FR App is an easy way to navigate through the FR Sub forums. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440449102.655509.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	86752 I really enjoy using the app because it's easy to use.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:27 AM   #7

If all would adopt the convention of stating their rig in their signature it would be easier to tell if posts are general in nature based upon a users experience or model specific and probably directly applicable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-25-2015, 05:47 AM   #8

Many of the systems, appliances, etc. are the same or similar between TT, FW, TH, MH, etc you would get fewer or no answers to problems if they were separated.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #9

I guess signatures only appear in web based forum. If you want to determine applicability I guess you can consult the posters profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-26-2015, 01:46 AM   #10

A lot of folks don't have their rig info there either, unfortunately...

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote