Old 05-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #1

Another Question - Stabilizing Jacks

First trip out for me. The stabilizing jacks are down on blocks. I put them down when I arrived and they're turned off. But, they just adjusted by themselves when a gust of wind went through. Is that what they're supposed to do? Solera 24S.

CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharSolera View Post
First trip out for me. The stabilizing jacks are down on blocks. I put them down when I arrived and they're turned off. But, they just adjusted by themselves when a gust of wind went through. Is that what they're supposed to do? Solera 24S.
That is a new one. Don't think they should do that. Mine don't.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #3

Can I ask do you have the bigfoot stabilizing jacks or do you have a different type. My bigfoot jacks are in the rear and hang low and I really do not like them and am thinking of changing to something different like Stabi-Lite Electric Class C System (Sprinter Chassis) | Electric Jacks | Class C Motor Homes | Motorhome | Online Store | Equalizer Systems | A Days Company | Official Site.
Has anyone used these?

At present our unit is en-route to the factory for slide room repair. Must say FR seems to be trying to make things right, we will see next week.
Part time
2012-present
groupleaderpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #4

My Bigfoot stabilizers kept turning themselves on and extending further even though I had them down already. Had to cut a wire to the box because I was on a trip. On return I took it to my dealer and he reprogrammed it. Worked good for awhile but now on another trip it's starting to do the same thing. It turns itself on and extends. This time I'm going to put a switch in the red power wire to make sure it can't activate, as soon as we get home.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #5

Mine have never powered up and extended on their own. They have moved slightly while camping, I believe one jack goes in slightly and the other goes out slightly. It is more of a pop or thud, not a jack actuation. After camping for a couple of days the RV will become out of level side to side with the driver's side getting lower. I always thought this was due to the added weight of water being added to the waste tanks.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #6

Mine definitely activates. It is most surprising when in bed and instantly wakes me up. Apparently this is a common problem and has been discussed lots in the forum. Thought they had it fixed but guess not.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

What year of manufacture are these MH?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #8

Scaring me! I knew this had been a problem, but I thought my model year was OK. The factory bulletin that was posted in a different thread said all units after a certain date had the programing fixed. They are Bigfoot stabilizers. It is definitely the same sound they make when I extend or retract them. This is a 2014 Solera made sometime after 10/2013. I'm not using the key fob at all. Maybe someone else in this RV park has the same frequency? It happened when there were gusty winds. I don't know if they actually extended or retracted, or if the motor just came on. Wish me well. It's a 300 mile drive tomorrow and I want no problems! Does the dealer get these kinds of problems or should I contact FR? (I had hoped never to have to work with the dealer again.)
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:37 PM   #9

Mine is a 2015 Solera 24R on a 2014 Mercedes chassis, purchased August 2014.
It is possible that someone else in the RV park has something that causes it and it may not be a Bigfoot. That's why I want to put an inline switch in place that will prevent that possibility. If there was a breaker for it that would suffice but I could never find one.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #10

Had the same problem with my 2014 Solera 24 R with Bigfoot stabilizers. Happened last year at the international rally in Elkhart. I called the mfr, Quadra Mfg, White Pigeon, MI, 269-483-9634 or 800-752-9815 and spoke with a customer rep. It was a programming issue that he helped fix over the phone. It had something to do with only responding to my remote or button. Sorry I don't recall exactly what we did but no issues since then. Hope this helps.

Tags
jacks