Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #1

Anyone know of a (GOOD) extended warranty co?

Coming up on our one year dealer warranty. I know some extended warranty co. are better then others.

Thanks for your help!
roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

my opinion is that extended warranties are a rip off, especially during the first three years ( while the chassis is covered). dont forget, they usually have a $500 deductible. so if for example your water heater goes out, you pay the first $1000 ($500 plus the annual fee of around $500). so, what are you saving?
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
2015 Solera 24R

Extended Warranty feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswiss View Post
my opinion is that extended warranties are a rip off, especially during the first three years ( while the chassis is covered). dont forget, they usually have a $500 deductible. so if for example your water heater goes out, you pay the first $1000 ($500 plus the annual fee of around $500). so, what are you saving?
Very timely. Thanks. July 1st we sign papers on our 2015 Solera. I'm going to say "NO" to the finance person's plea that "I'm foolish if I don't buy an extended warranty from them...". I've said "NO" 4 times over the phone so far... This tells me how important warranties are to their bottom line.

Thanks!

- Gary

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswiss View Post
I agree at 100%
I NEVER buy them...and the sales person usually loose is friendly attitude when I say no.
Black
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

My extended warranty has $100 deductible and is for 7 years i think it's called easy ride I'll have to check. It has road side assistance and if anything breaks while camping they will send someone out to our campsite to fix at no extra charge. If the fridge goes out they also replace all food lost. I think most people don't know if u decide to cancel your policy they refund u the remainder of your policy. I only bought this policy cause I'm a first time owner and don't know much about trailers. And was never told about the 2nd year warranty by FR.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty