Old 09-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post
Not near OBD. Guess again please.

It will be up under the dash somewhere. It may also be behind the radio/monitor as well. No matter what you will need a flashlight or work light to shine up there to locate the wires comming from the monitor going to the splitter/amp then you can start troubleshooting from there.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #12

Man I have been up under there with a flashlight and I have the crock in my neck to prove it.

Doesn't anyone know exactly whet the back up camera junction box is located on a 2011Solera?

What am I looking for and where the ,,,, is it?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
GM

Left hand side (of the steering wheel?) there should be a fuse panel. Open that door and it should be right above that fuse panel. Silver box (at least they were), about the size of two decks of cards. (So not bigger than a bread box)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #14

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #15

So, we're in suspense here. Did you find it!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #16

Still traveling. Too busy to look right now. Will post findings as they develop Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #17

OK, I am home now and finally had time to look for the camera connections.At this time I can safely say that there are NO connections for my camera anywhere under the dash.

Here is what I have found however. I suspect I have an aftermarket camera. Lets see what you all think.

The cable to the mirror is routed into the headliner just forward of the drivers sun visor. Pulling on this cable to remove it slightly disclosed the presence of a miniture multi-pin connector. (Checked and reseated this connector to no avail)

Gently pulling on the cable it can be heard to be routed over the window on the driver side, then down the pillar just behind the driver.

It emerges from the pillar at the bottom where it is joined by a ground wire and a 12 volt wire emanating from under the driver seat. (interestingly the 12 volt wire is tapped into an existing wire further supporting the aftermarket theory)

The black cable then disappears through the floor and runs under the chassis. It is next to impossible to follow the route with out a lift.

At the rear of the rv the camera cable can be seen coming down from the camera location and dropping vertically. this can be seen via an access port in the rear storage compartment. the cable then emerges under the chassis and again is hard to follow, but it is unlikely that any control electronics are under the chassis.

I have located a very similar looking mirror mounted monitor online and the wiring diagram for it is attached.

Based on this I beleive that there is no junction box but the cable itself contains all of the necessary connections and the electronics are all in the mirror.

Having said that, my next step is to trouble shoot to decide if the problem is the camera or the monitor.

I have removed the trim piece over the driver window and can feel the cable which is routed into the headliner and then down into the pillar.

Next I need to gain access to that pillar behind the drivers seat. I suspect that the cable from the camera and the power and ground connections are made at a pigtail inside that pillar.

At first glance it looks like I have to remove the padded trim piece that faces rear behind the driver seat.

Before I disturb the trim, I was hoping that someone could confirm that this is indeed where I will find the connections for this camera and offer advice on gaining access to the space in that pillar.

Once I get in there I should be able to connect another video source (it should have a composite video rca connector), switch to av channel 2 or try connecting to another monitor of some kind.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #18

BREAKING NEWS......

After posting the last bit of information I decided to go out and make sure that the camera was at least getting power.( If you hold your cell phone camera up to the infrared lights on the camera they will glow bright on your screen.)

Never made it that far. Turned on the ignition switch and turned on the monitor with its on off switch. Monitor displayed "no signal" as it had thru most of our trip.

I then pressed the AV switch and lo and behold the rear view image appeared.

Now I am pretty certain that I tried that a few times while on the road so now we;ll have to wait and see if we have some sort of intermittent connection. If so, I may still need to get into that pillar!

For now I am glad to have the camera working and also been able to contribute some intel to the forum.

So do I have some wacko aftermarket system , or is the one I cited earlier about like the ones others have?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #19

What brand markings are on the monitor/mirror (your term) and the rear camera. I just looked at mine, and the rear backup camera is RVS brand, monitor is RVS model 770619M. Not sure what aftermarket is in this application. Hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #20

My monitor has no visible markings on it.

I have attached a photo of it and the remote.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	41137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1783.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	41138  

Tags
back up camera