Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #21

Mine is different. The monitor is larger and more square. Rear View Safety Inc RVS-770619P Backup Camera RVS-770619P B&H. Here is a link
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #22

So does anyone recognize my Monitor?

any idea how to get to the connections which I believe are in the pillar behind the driver seat?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #23

Cousin, just my input here. The picture of the components I attached in my post, shows a box where the coaxial cables seem to connect and probably head out to the camera. Do you think that box, assuming yours is similiar, can be behind the pillar. Just my two cents here. Good luck.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #24

I have found a similar system on line and I am pretty sure it uses a pigtail of connectors in lieu of that box.

Either way I do believe the connections are in that pillar.

Ill remove the rear facing trim piece and see if that gives me access.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #25

I found my control box just above fuse box on driver side have to remove screw and pull out plastic trim.Can see it if you look with a flash light under dash just above fuse box but can't get at it from there.
SBTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #26

Back up camera is now working. It was either an intermittent connection or user error.

Will wait to see if it recurs before I do anything else.

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #27
2015 Solera 24R

I've got a 2014 Solera 24R. Our backup camera is also from RVS Systems.

My issue: How use this system as a rear view mirror and have it turned ON all the time.

Getting Model# Serial#:
I found that the easiest way to get info on the Camera (rear) and Monitor (in cab) was to hold up a mirror to the rear of each and take a picture of this reverse image with my phone's camera. I then used a mirror to reverse this.

Our camera, monitor system:
Camera: Model 15456
Monitor: Model 770619N

I found a Spec Sheet and Owner's Manual on the vendor's website: RVS SYSTEMS | Reverse Camera Systems | RVSSYSTEMS.COM

The owner's manual that it CAN be wired to be ON all the time. They warn that this will drain the RV's battery unless the wiring is done to the vehicle's ignition switched accessory power source.

I'm a DIYer and WOULD tackle this project during warmer weather, but first would like to know if anyone else has ALREADY done this. This thread details the difficulty of tracing the wiring.

The change would be switch the power source FROM the Reverse Lights TO the Running Lights. Sounds simple enough IF I can identify the wires involved and the exact location on the vehicle for the switch.

Any DIYer already done this?

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing555 View Post
I haven't done it, but would be interested in any further info as it seems like a good idea. I've looked at the box and wiring a little, but I don't know how to get sufficient access to everything to allow me to do the job cleanly.

Dave
Old 10-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #29

I have the RVS system and when my engine is running I just press power switch and camera stays on
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing555 View Post
I've got a 2014 Solera 24R. Our backup camera is also from RVS Systems.

My issue: How use this system as a rear view mirror and have it turned ON all the time.

Getting Model# Serial#:
I found that the easiest way to get info on the Camera (rear) and Monitor (in cab) was to hold up a mirror to the rear of each and take a picture of this reverse image with my phone's camera. I then used a mirror to reverse this.

Our camera, monitor system:
Camera: Model 15456
Monitor: Model 770619N

I found a Spec Sheet and Owner's Manual on the vendor's website: RVS SYSTEMS | Reverse Camera Systems | RVSSYSTEMS.COM

The owner's manual that it CAN be wired to be ON all the time. They warn that this will drain the RV's battery unless the wiring is done to the vehicle's ignition switched accessory power source.

I'm a DIYer and WOULD tackle this project during warmer weather, but first would like to know if anyone else has ALREADY done this. This thread details the difficulty of tracing the wiring.

The change would be switch the power source FROM the Reverse Lights TO the Running Lights. Sounds simple enough IF I can identify the wires involved and the exact location on the vehicle for the switch.

I also have a 2014 24R. All I do to use the monitor when driving is push the ON button located on the monitor (ignition on) . You must turn it on each time you want you use it. On automatically in reverse.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #31
Tinkerer and Putterer

I had a similar problem. My backup camera started sporadically reporting no signal until one day it didn't come back. Moisture had gotten into the back of the camera via the cable input on the camera and fried the circuit board in the camera. Take a look at the back of your camera to see if there is corrosion where the cable enters. If there is, you might be able to arrest the issue with a dab of RTV where the cable enters the camera or replace the camera to completely clear things up. Here is a record of my fun:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sf-110715.html
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:38 AM   #32

Cousin01, you probably don't need this now, but my controller and all its associated excess wiring was stuffed into the space to the left of the fuse box on extreme left side of the dash. Remove three screws at the bottom edge of the dash covers that reside below the steering wheel and pull these two covers off, viola, there it is to the left of the fuse box.
ishwashgus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera