Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #21
Commercial Member

As a side note, the Solera "Outside Shower" is just a quick connect with a spiral hose. No adjustment for temps.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
sorry,lou...just saw your question today (8/10) by hose and wand,do you mean for rinsing out the black tank ?(we have the built in black tank rinse )..going down the trailer this week. i'll have to get a pic of the shower faucet.
Just confused. Maybe I don't know what a spa shower is...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #23

For those experiencing this issue, there is a simple fix that's REALLY EASY. First turn off the pump/water and open the subject valve to release water, and then close it. On the side that turns the wrong way, if you remove the cover in the center of the knob and remove the screw and knob, you should see the valve, and notice the thick white valve stop on the left side of the valve with the knob removed in the pic below. (The locknut is already removed in this pic, but it's installed in the other pic)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401633664242.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	54001
You have to remove the plastic nut that holds the valve in, and pull the valve out and rotate it 180 degrees so that it looks like the picture below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401633683075.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	54002
Now, comes the tricky part, but really it's simple. With the valve in the new position, turn it clockwise to the off position (IT'S BEST TO FIT THE KNOB ON AND DO THIS, AS OFF POSITION IS CRITICAL). Without twisting/turning the valve, pull it straight out, and sit it down in exactly the position it installs (OR AT LEAST GET A GOOD MENTAL IMAGE). Look into the cavity that it goes in, and you should see a black rubber washer/o-ring (or whatever the plumbing term is). Note it's position/orientation. Look at the end of the valve that goes into the cavity, and you will see a stainless piece with 2 holes in it. It will pull out of the slots that its 2 metal tabs are in. You have to rotate it (should be a quarter turn) to where the solid part will cover the rubber washer. Basically so that neither of the holes is over the rubber washer. Make sure that the rubber washer and spring that goes behind it are properly in place, then reinstall the valve and put the plastic nut back on. Turn water on and make sure it works properly before finish installing the knob. If you get water flow with the valve off, you didn't position the metal plate properly. Trial and error will get you there, but you have to pay attention to having and keeping the valve in the off position when removing it to orient the metal plate. Very simple and worthwhile for getting rid of the annoyance. Be careful to release the pressure before removing the locknut, or water will push the valve, washer and spring out. It's not a big deal, the spring fits in the washer and goes back in the recess in the faucet body effortlessly. Good luck and if need be PM me if you need walking through on the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm only commenting on the Solera (this is a Solera Sub Forum). Our shower wand comes out of the bottom of the fixture and I saw no drain hole on ours.
It really becomes confusing when others tell how their faucet functions, since this was a Solera specific question. Would you please read the forum/subforum title. Sometimes its appropriate to chime in, but here the OP had a Solera specific question.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
It really becomes confusing when others tell how their faucet functions, since this was a Solera specific question. Would you please read the forum/subforum title. Sometimes its appropriate to chime in, but here the OP had a Solera specific question.
Please remember to respect the fact that someone wanted to help and took the time to reply. He had no way of knowing if his input was not correct for your particular year, model, etc ; just that he had this same problem and figured out a fix.

Many faucets are common across the spectrum of products even by different manufacturers. Turns out I have this same problem and have identical fixtures. While his post may not have helped you, he certainly helped me and I would not even have known to ask this question.

How many eyes that scanned your thread title even took the time to click on it to see what your issue was?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #26
DDC

My buddy had a FW surveyor and it use to flush hot water when he first got it.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Please remember to respect the fact that someone wanted to help and took the time to reply. He had no way of knowing if his input was not correct for your particular year, model, etc ; just that he had this same problem and figured out a fix.

Many faucets are common across the spectrum of products even by different manufacturers. Turns out I have this same problem and have identical fixtures. While his post may not have helped you, he certainly helped me and I would not even have known to ask this question.

How many eyes that scanned your thread title even took the time to click on it to see what your issue was?
Noted, but the question dealt with the type that had a downward pointing hose connection. That was pointed out by BClemens. It helps the OP to address his question, to help the OP. If others have different faucet setups, it becomes confusing to the OP question. Hope I made my point more clear.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, shower