Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #1

Bathroom skylight

I just returned from a month-long road trip to the northwest. The Solera performed perfectly, with one glitch. Somewhere along the way, the plastic cover on the bathroom skylight disappeared. It was closed tight, but something must have broke. Anyone know if I can replace just the top, or will I have to replace the entire unit?

Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlton46 View Post
I just returned from a month-long road trip to the northwest. The Solera performed perfectly, with one glitch. Somewhere along the way, the plastic cover on the bathroom skylight disappeared. It was closed tight, but something must have broke. Anyone know if I can replace just the top, or will I have to replace the entire unit?
Are you talking (skylight) or (vent)? Most skylights are (fixed), Vents have a(hinged) cover. Vents the answer is (yes),replaceable (Lid). Youroo!!

Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlton46 View Post
You must be talking about the vent - I'm thinking because the skylight over the shower doesn't move at all (at least mine doesn't). Here's the roof of my Solera

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2864442241.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	32935
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
GM

If its the bath vent, just replace it with a Fantastic Fan and be done with it.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Are you talking (skylight) or (vent)? Most skylights are (fixed), Vents have a(hinged) cover. Vents the answer is (yes),replaceable (Lid). Youroo!!
Yes, vent is the right term, not skylight. It's the hinged one in the bathroom of the Solera. I'll look for a replacement. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
You must be talking about the vent - I'm thinking because the skylight over the shower doesn't move at all (at least mine doesn't). Here's the roof of my Solera

Attachment 32935
Yep, you're right. It's the vent, not the skylight.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #7

Might want to do what Brian said and replace it with a fantastic fan!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #8

You can get a vent cover for that at almost any RV store I had to replace my after this last winter broke the old one while removing ice from the top of the RV. They are easy to replace.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #9

Another suggestion is to have Max-Air covers installed over your vents. They protect the vent lids from air buffeting and offer great rain protection when the vent lid is open. You can even leave them open a bit when traveling at highway speeds. I've had them on several RVs and insisted that the dealer install them on the 2013 Solera 24RS we just purchased.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #10

I've seen some fantastic fans + vent covers, but you have to make sure that both are compatible with each other. The beauty of this is that you can run the vent fan even during the rain without worry about water coming in.