Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1

Battery Boost

I have been lurking over at the Winnebago View forum and see reference to a battery boost switch that allows the coach battery to be temporarily connected to the starter battery to aid in starting if the chassis battery is weak.

Does the Solera have any provision for battery boost?
cousin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Just an Engineer

In looking at the specs on the Solera, I don't think so. I have a Sunseeker and it's called a "remote emergency start". It activates a solenoid that connects the coach batteries to the chassis battery. That solenoid is also activated when either battery is charging so it charges the other battery too.
New2Rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Berkshire 390QS

Have alternate battery start switch on our Berkshire that allows us to use house battery to start engine just in case engine batteries are dead or low. neve had to use but nice to hqve just in case.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Coachmen Adrenaline

We are currently looking into adding an e-start switch to the Solera. We had been told from the beginning from Sprinter NOT to add one on that chassis. Once I/we get the ok, it will be added immediately.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery