Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Robert Mayberry

Bed too short in 24S

Here's a question for our local guru, Mr. Clemmons.

I'm only 6' 1" but can't sleep in the back corner bed because it is about 4" too short. While I was sitting at the dinette yesterdayI got to looking at where the door and where the sink/stove/frig are placed and noticed a couple things.

First, it looks like the door to the RV could have been placed about 4" forward of where it is now. And second, the sink/stove/frig module could also have been placed one or two inches forward. All this would have allowed for a few more precious inches of length for the bed!

Just curious why not?

Bob
2011 24S
San Francisco
robertmayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #2

Just curious. Didn't you try out the rig before you bought it? Try laying down in the bed or dropping the dienette to a bed and trying that? Try out the shower? Just wondering why you bought it if it "didn't fit".
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Just curious. Didn't you try out the rig before you bought it? Try laying down in the bed or dropping the dienette to a bed and trying that? Try out the shower? Just wondering why you bought it if it "didn't fit".
Grumpy
First thing ms amy did was lay in the bed to make sure it fit! [emoji102]

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #4

Yeah, very first thing we did was try out bed. You've got to try out everything, beds, chairs, shower, pottie, to see if you "fit".
Can't understand posts like this and why something was purchased if it was "wrong".
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmayberry View Post
Here's a question for our local guru, Mr. Clemmons.

First, it looks like the door to the RV could have been placed about 4" forward of where it is now. And second, the sink/stove/frig module could also have been placed one or two inches forward. All this would have allowed for a few more precious inches of length for the bed!

Just curious why not?
Looks can be deceiving.
1. As for the door, we still need aluminum framing in there. So while it looks like it might be able to move...there is structure there that needs to be in place.
2. As for the stove/sink/fridge again, we try to keep certain clearances, plus where the step up is dictates certain things...along with appliance locations etc. Everything is laid out in AutoCAD design software to make sure everything fits and sometimes that means not being able to maximize certain areas.
3. A typical RV queen is 74-75". We try and get 80" where we can...but its not always possible and in trying to keep floor plans as small as possible is not always our primary focus.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #6

There must be something you can figure out.

Is there a way to extend the bed platform? Maybe make like a flip up shelf to hold your feet?

Can you fit diagonally in the bed? That might be the best workaround. Just have your partner skooch over a bit and make room for the Big Guy.

Just sit in the unit and let your mind wander. You will come up with a solution. No problem.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
Robert Mayberry

We tried it before we bought it and knew it was too short for me so I sleep over the cab very comfortably. When I am alone, I sleep in wife's bed in the back corner diagonally.

It works!

Thank you Mr. Clemmons.

Bob
Old 08-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Robert Mayberry

Clemens. I can't spell and I apologize sir.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Can't understand posts like this and why something was purchased if it was "wrong".
Grumpy
It was a legitimate question.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #10

Ditto with Gregg. Questions may stimulate thought which in turn may stimulate change which usually makes the next year model better.
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed