Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Bigfoot Levelers

On 3-14-15, hkreck said:"I'm looking at upgrading my 2 point rear stabilizers on my Solera to a 4 point leveling system. Contacted Big Foot about it and was told all it would take is adding the front jacks, pump and new control panel to the system that's already there, cost about $1800. Does anyone have a 4 point system on their Solera or Sprinter? what do you think of it."

Did you ever have the front levelers installed? If so, how did they integrate with the rear stabilizers, is it an automatic system or manual, and where did you have the install done? I have a 2014 Solera 24R.
David100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #2

I considered doing something like this for a minute but did not want to add any more weight.

Ended up going with SumoSprings all the way around that weigh about 8 oz each and now I don't even need to use the rear bigfoots thanks to the stability of Sumo's and the fact that rig is naturally more level.

In addition, the rear bigfoots don't drag on driveways, etc., anymore.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

David

I installed a two point stabilizing system on the front of my Solera this last Spring, All thou it's hard to level the unit for start, I found that using it in conjunction with leveling blocks it works pretty well. It also adds to the stability of the Solera after setup. I installed the system myself finding some what hard to get into the area needing drilled but not impossible. I did have the misfortune have to do the work at my father's home due to road work being done in my neighborhood which forced me to move my MH. This caused the install time to be extended longer than it so have. Hope this helps with your question.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #4

Pod2vibe, where did you purchase the Sumo springs and what type shop did your install.
Thanks. Tim
t72par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #5

For what it's worth I've followed several of the threads regarding the Bigfoot Stabilization Jacks and took a keen interest in specifically Pod2Vibe's install and field report(s) of the Sumo Springs. Prior to taking delivery I had thought that the Sumo Springs seemed like a sage solution to stabilize the MH while driving and while camping. Nevertheless, the location of the Bigfoots has apparently changed and they are now located immediately to the rear of the rear axle. I suspect that the resulting performance of the Bigfoots is superior in this location (for stabilizing and departure angles) and I have personally been rather impressed with how well they stabilize the MH while camping. So for the time being I don't see any need to have additional jacks installed and/or sumo springs. I do have the Hellwig sway bar and while it would be nice to have some leveling jacks up front I believe I can live without. So in the end I think it's going to depend on your model year and where the original Bigfoots were installed. Cheers!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by t72par View Post
Pod2vibe, where did you purchase the Sumo springs and what type shop did your install.
Thanks. Tim
Hey Tim, Here ya go.

I installed myself. You could have a shop that does shocks/suspension install them, as well. An RV specialty shop may have an appointment a month out or so. I avoid them when I can, lol.

Used a heavy duty floor jack and jack stand for the front. Did one side at a time. You end up hugging the front wheel a bit, but it was a little better than taking off the wheels. Took about an hour total.

For the rears, I used the rigs Bigfoots with a couple of Camco yellow leveling blocks under them for added height and a front wheel chock. You do not have to get the duallies fully off the ground, though. Took about 40 minutes.

You basically pull out the MBS factory bump stops and the Sumos go right in their place.

Sumo Part Numbers for the MBS:
Rear are SSR-338-47
Front are SSF-106-40

Suspension Connection is the place. great service.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/sumosprings.html

COUPON CODES:
SAVE10 = $10 OFF an order totaling $100 or more, excluding shipping charges
SAVE20 = $20 OFF an order totaling $200 or more, excluding shipping charges
SAVE30 = $30 OFF an order totaling $300 or more, excluding shipping charges
SAVE50 = $50 OFF an order totaling $500 or more, excluding shipping charges

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #7

Thanks very much for the response!
t72par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #8

Has anyone tried to modify the standard Solera 24R stabilizer system to get some side to side leveling? Could you add a valve system to control the individual hydraulic rams to allow some side to side leveling?
CASolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #9

I installed a 2 point system to the front of my Solera 24S last spring. You can probably modify the rear to do what you're asking but it would require an addition pump added to the system to power the rams one pump for each ram basically. That's the way my front system works anyway.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #10

Hreck what system did you install on front? I have a 16R.
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #11

I installed a Big Foot QEI 2 point manual system. Two 12" stroke cylinders, independent of each other with their own pump. The hardest part of the install is drilling the holes for the brackets. If you look on the web site for Quadra manufacturing they have videos and the different systems including the ones for the Sprinter chassis.