Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

Bigfoot Stabilizer - Electrical Question

I removed some drawers to vacuum out sawdust and noticed that one of the electrical connectors that would appear to be associated with the Bigfoot Stabilizers is not attached. The other wires in the "bundle" are all connected to the switch that deploys and retracts the Bigfoot Stabilizers. Yet there is one that is not connected and there's three options on the back of the switch. I know sometimes there's extra, unnecessary wires but figured I should confirm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bigfoot.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	90826  
Old 10-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #2

If your system is working I would just tape it off being that it's not needed for your model. Your right they could use the same harness for different apps. That's a sloppy installation. Did you get any kinda of wiring diagram? I wouldn't hook it up to any relay, without knowing what that relay does and where that black wire is hooked to on the other end.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #3

Thanks. I'm definitely not going to connect to anything without the proper knowledge and yes I agree it's likely the same wiring harness for multiple models. Thank you for your reply. I did research on the Bigfoot website but couldn't find a wiring diagram for that switch. Cheers!
Old 10-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
Thanks. I'm definitely not going to connect to anything without the proper knowledge and yes I agree it's likely the same wiring harness for multiple models. Thank you for your reply. I did research on the Bigfoot website but couldn't find a wiring diagram for that switch. Cheers!
You might look at the back of your control panel and see if there a black wire hooked to it. I always assume which makes me a you know what, that black is a ground. They might have found a ground closer. If it is a ground you will blow that relay. Most of the time grounds are black but in the RV it self they use white which makes no sense to me at all. But any components are mostly black for a ground..... I think that there is rep that checks in on your unit, I can't remember his name but maybe he will catch your post.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #5

Good suggestion, thank you. Appreciate the help!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Site Team

That looks like the back of a rocker switch. If it is then it has all the wires connected to it that it needs. In that case, it's just a spare wire in the bundle. You could hook it to any one of the open lugs and it won't hurt anything.

Tags
electric, electrical