Old 10-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #51

You might want to read my other post on the problem i am having with mine. I'm thinking the problem is not with the FOB or the receiver. My motor was shorted out. They attach the ground to the solenoid relay. Big no no. Additionally, they don't have a ground fault circuit conduct in this circuit. The tech i had said this thing could have overheated to the point where the RV could have caught on fire. Thank god it did not. After Forest River fixes things, I will be posting another thread once i get the new motor and solenoids and cables fixed attached. Moreover, i am going to have a separate tech come back out to my place to make sure FR did not attach the ground to the relay solenoid and i am going to have GFCC installed for this circuit.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #52

They, CW, just replaced the motor and tank, as per the factory recommendation. They have also checked all the wiring more than once. I don't know what the problem is, and neither does anyone else.
Thank you
Tin bender

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #53

I'll let you know when mine is done. I'm betting McGeorge dealership will ground the motor to the relay solenoid, and not ground the motor to chassis. If they did not ground to chassis, i will. And, I will re-install a new ground from the motor to the chassis, and install a ground fault circuit conductor. If this works.....i'll post.

"We always connected the hydraulic motors in the M60A1 Tanks (Marine Corps) to the Tank and not the relay solenoid. Never had problems with the 120MM turret and gun doing what it was suppose to in Kuwait Al-Burkan Oil Field Tank battle."

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.
Mike
Old 11-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #54

Tinbender

Well after BClemons got Quadra involved the repair process picked up speed. I SOON had the replacement parts to install in the rear storage compartment. The hardest part was getting enough room under the coach to move around. Removed the spare tire and rack, that helped a lot. Anyway the old fat dude got the new parts installed, minus the FOB and Antenna. Worked great on the first try.
Sent a BIG thank you out to Brian and Roger Miller at Quadra. They were great to work with.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #55
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Working on option list. Can anyone who installed stabilizer after market comment on how well it works? What product? Earlier someone mentioned about Stabi-lite etc. Any feedback? Appreciate it!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #56
Plug It Right

If you are talking about permanently installed aftermarket stabilizers there are several brands out there. We have been using ours for 8 years years and have been completely satisfied. Being a full time Rv'er, we are much more aware of interior movement. If I used our RV for weekends or short trips out, I could possibly just live with it--Nah, that isn't true, I can't stand the movement if we are stopping for the night and stay hooked up to the truck. Hugs, Di
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
Working on option list. Can anyone who installed stabilizer after market comment on how well it works? What product? Earlier someone mentioned about Stabi-lite etc. Any feedback? Appreciate it!
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #57
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Di View Post
If you are talking about permanently installed aftermarket stabilizers there are several brands out there. We have been using ours for 8 years years and have been completely satisfied. Being a full time Rv'er, we are much more aware of interior movement. If I used our RV for weekends or short trips out, I could possibly just live with it--Nah, that isn't true, I can't stand the movement if we are stopping for the night and stay hooked up to the truck. Hugs, Di
Yes it's permanent. Which product do you use? Did you install it yourself or have it installed by someone else?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #58
Plug It Right

Dutch installed ours. We use the Plug It Right brand. Hugs, Di
QUOTE=HomeOnWheels;750940]Yes it's permanent. Which product do you use? Did you install it yourself or have it installed by someone else?[/QUOTE]
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #59

We are working on our options and have been told the stabilizers on the new 24W floor plan are located in front of the rear wheels. If true, what is the advantage?
Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #60
GM

The 24W has them in front of the rear wheels and it is not the same Bigfoot jacks system. it is a fold down system by Equalizer. Only advantage being ground clearance.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote