Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #1

Bigfoot Stabilizer Self Extended

I took my new 24R for a shakedown cruise last weekend - generally went very well, though a couple of issues came up.

After leaving our campsite (with the stabilizer's fully retracted) and driving 100 miles, I noticed that one of the jacks (driver's side) was down 2 or 3 inches. System was completely off - remote control was stored - and the other jack was all the way up. I turned the system on, raised the jacks again (which brought the one jack back up to the top), and drove another couple of hundred miles home. The jacks both remained fully retracted the rest of the way.

I don't know whether this is serious - it's certainly disconcerting! The jacks are low enough that they scrape pretty easily even when they're completely retracted...

Dave Jordan

Old 10-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #2

Since your system is new, I suspect maybe you had air in the one jack, and vibration caused it to lower. I would cycle the system a few times to be sure it is free of air.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #3

I find that when they are retracted, they retract generally one at a time so you may not have retracted them fully.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #4

Yes, I've noticed that they extend and retract one at a time - I don't know how the system works, but I'm guessing that there's a single tank and the jack that moves easiest moves first.

But I am aware of the disparity and have been careful to check that both jacks are extended/retracted before shutting the system down.

Dave
Old 10-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #5

see:

Big foot rear stabilizing system

the mentioned reset-to-factory default cured my mysterious extensions

may or may not solve your problem, but won't hurt
Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #6

If I read you story correctly, you were finding that your system had turned itself on...is that right? In my case, the electronics seemed to have remained off (I had to first turn the system on before I could retract the errant foot). But you're right - a system reset can't hurt.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #7

nope - both transmitter ( remote ) and receiver ( main unit ) were OFF before and after automatic extend event.

the events were due to a test procedure unintentionally left in the system which resetting to the factory default mode fixed in my case.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #8

procedure

procedure

see:

http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/Howto/BFreprogramming.jpg
Old 10-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #9

I've done the reset procedure (though the instructions say it's only needed for units manufactured in June/July of 2013).

I'll keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't happen again!

Dave
Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #10

Big Foot Stabilizer

I recently had an issue with the stabilizers both in the retract position and would extract. Just got a clicking sound when using the FOB and inside push buttons. Contacted Big Foot - nice people. They said a problem exists with Soleras wherein the stabilizers are not properly grounded. They are sending me a kit for installation - free. Apparently, Solera grounds the stabilizers to extension part of the Solera frame. The extension, apparently does not provide a sufficient ground. Waiting on kit.