Old 03-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Bike rack for Solera also towing a car?

Our Solera is hitched to our Smart car for towing. We also want to add a bike rack at the Solera back, but all the bike racks I can find attach to a standard 4-4.5 inch square rear bumper. Since the rear bumper on the Solera is very different, these wont fit.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what is the solution? We dont want to add a bike rack to the back of the Smart car, nor mount one on the car roof. Googling this has led only to dead ends. Are we the only Solera owners wanting to do this?

Forest River 24 R, 2013.
plstaylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
You are looking for something like this: Dual 2" Hitch Bicycle Receiver Adapter Extender Extension 4000lb: Automotive

I have purchased most of my towing related hardware from and find them very helpful and competitively priced.

Charles and Ruth Anne
2011 Forest River Solera

ever4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
Check this out. Buyers Products Company 4 Bike Folding Towable Rack-1805005 - The Home Depot. I had one and it is one heavy piece.
Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Bike Rack

Look at Camping World internet site Cat# 49402. This is a 2 bike rack that is RV approved and fits over your tow receiver bar. If you like it you can shop around. I have one and it works great.
biker 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #5

Thank you very much. The dual attachment from Amazon gets me on my way. Much obliged.
Forest River 24 R, 2013.
plstaylo is offline   Reply With Quote

bike, bike rack, solera, towing