Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Black tank flush

I researched on the forum and asked around but couldn't seem to get a Yes/No answer to this practice - is the black tank vented? If yes, I should be able to add some water to the black tank directly from the black tank flush valve without leaving the black tank valve open, correct?
I'm confused by the sign next to the black tank flush valve (image below). I don't know what 'fullway termination valve' refers to.
So when I added water to the black tank, I had DW stepped on the toilet pedal to vent it. I hope this is not necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150412_124214.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	74111  
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It is vented, "it has to be"
That's lawyer talk so someone doesn't forget to open the valve when flushing.
I fill mine partly all the time with the black tank flush then open black valve.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
Site Team

I believe the warning sticker is talking about this thing:

That's to ensure you don't turn the water on, forget about it and come back to flooded camper.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #4

If you are ever on top of the RV you can see the vent.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
That's to ensure you don't turn the water on, forget about it and come back to flooded camper.

I find it way too easy to do this. I've already had a couple of really close calls...there is always so many other things that can be getting done while waiting. I am currently working on adding an alarm to the "RV Systems Monitor Panel". I plan to tie into the "full" indicator and run it through a switch so the alarm will only sound when turned on during black tank filling. Right now, I'm waiting on a beeper ordered from overseas (didn't want to spend too much at this experimental stage).
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Thanks to all the feedback. I guessed it correctly but just wanted to confirm so I don't make a stinky mistake. I'd never walk away during flush. I plan to add only ~5 gal water. Then go inside and add chemicals.
By the way, the earlier problem with grey tank valve is now fixed with a replacement. However, both grey and black valves are hard to open/close because, I think, the cables are really long.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Everyone else has already answered (I was on vacation), but just to confirm...YES it is vented.

Also as others have stated, just because it is vented does not mean there aren't risks. When that vent hits the water surface it is effectively negated.

Our engineers don't love cable valves either...but it was the only way to get them to the of camp side with that floor plan. We've been running them on the 2250 for some time with no issue so I convinced them they would work here as well.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Everyone else has already answered (I was on vacation), but just to confirm...YES it is vented.

Also as others have stated, just because it is vented does not mean there aren't risks. When that vent hits the water surface it is effectively negated.

Our engineers don't love cable valves either...but it was the only way to get them to the of camp side with that floor plan. We've been running them on the 2250 for some time with no issue so I convinced them they would work here as well.
Could they not add an elbow and use a solid rod instead of a cable? My Flagstaff has about a 3'+ long solid alum rod.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #9
Commercial Member

They could if it was a straight shot, which I don't think it is.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I actually can think of another way. Run two smaller pipes directly from tanks to the dump side and join them there with valves, so to eliminate soft cables. The current design with long cables is prone to damage. Although my dealer denies this, I suspect they broke the valve, because the unit arrived winterized and was dewinterized by them. So they must have used the valve. The only reason they didn't tell me that is they broke it.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #11

So where is this "fullway termination valve" located? Just purchased a 16 36QBOK and am wondering the same thing. I hooked a hose to the black tank flush valve and opened the black tank and still couldn't get the water to flow into the black tank. I did not have this feature on my last camper so we just took a hose in and put water directly into the toilet, so if I can figure this out it would be much more convenient. Although I bet it is not tied into the rear black tank since this new camper has two black tanks..
kirkwood721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkwood721 View Post
So where is this "fullway termination valve" located? Just purchased a 16 36QBOK and am wondering the same thing. I hooked a hose to the black tank flush valve and opened the black tank and still couldn't get the water to flow into the black tank. I did not have this feature on my last camper so we just took a hose in and put water directly into the toilet, so if I can figure this out it would be much more convenient. Although I bet it is not tied into the rear black tank since this new camper has two black tanks..
"fullway termination valve" fancy description of black tank drain valve. If you can't get water into the tank, check the screen in the inlet and there might be a check valve stuck closed.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
"fullway termination valve" fancy description of black tank drain valve. If you can't get water into the tank, check the screen in the inlet and there might be a check valve stuck closed.
Or installed backwards.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #14

Thanks I will look for a check valve. It has to go back to the service dept. in a week or so to get a new fan in the bathroom that they haven't installed yet. So I might jest make them fix it!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkwood721 View Post
Thanks I will look for a check valve. It has to go back to the service dept. in a week or so to get a new fan in the bathroom that they haven't installed yet. So I might jest make them fix it!
Best idea!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #16

My wife is already mad about all the things I've already fixed but I can't just stand there and let my camper get ruined! This is the first time we have had it out and we bought it brand new. I have fixed a blown water line that soaked the underneath storage, removed a screw and a staple out of the floor of the rear slides that scratched our floor. Had to re-caulk the shower because the bottom track on the glass slide door wasn't sealed properly and the first time we took showers we got about a gallon of water on the floor in the bathroom. I have a valve broken on the stove top, and I had to shim up the slam latch catches on two of the storage doors because even locked you could just grab them and open the doors... Very frustrating after paying this much money! But hopfully they will get everything fixed and re-imberse me for my time and what I've already done for them!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #17

KIrk,

You reached the Solera specific forum. Sorry for your travails, but other not sure your experience in this area is of mush help to us. And a quick reading of your QA issues wrongfully disparages the Solera.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:04 AM   #18

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for all Forest River products. My Sabre is made by Forest River.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #19
2012 Solera

This is the Solera MH sub forum section. Think you will find the correct sub forum for your Sabre here: Palomino - Forest River Forums.
Forum structure can be confusing.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #20

Okay, what's a cable valve? As opposed to what? Thanks.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank