Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

Bunk bed safety net

I have the 2012 Solera 24s, I am looking for some type of over the cab Benjamin bed safety net. Does anyone know where I can get one?
acolmenares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:08 AM   #2

Did you ever find a safety net? We just purchased a Forester 3011DS and plan to have two kids sleeping in the cab over bed. That would be a long drop!!
Rees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #3

Bunk Safety Net

I tried several solutions and like this the best. If pic didn't come through, it's a Bully compact truck tailgate net. I added quick-release clips on the tether straps attached to D-rings screwed into the sides of the bunk. It's set just far enough back so that the "give" in it doesn't create a gap problem. Grandson obsessed with trucks loved it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunk Guard.jpg
Views:	11423
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	81459

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Bully+TR-02WK+Tailgate+Net+for+Mid+Size%2FCompact+Trucks
marfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #4

Nice.. I might borrow that idea if ya dont mind......
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolmenares View Post
I have the 2012 Solera 24s, I am looking for some type of over the cab Benjamin bed safety net. Does anyone know where I can get one?
We settled on these:

Amazon.com : Magic Bumpers Portable Child Bed Safety Guard Rail (two-part) 48 Inch - Set of TWO Bedrails (24" x 4) : Childrens Bed Safety Guards : Baby

and put down a blanket hanging halfway over the edge. Placed 3 of these near the edge, then folded the blanket back over onto the bed. Their sheets and blankets went on top of all this. The grandsons' weight on the blanket held everything in place, and the bumpers securely prevented them from rolling off. Nothing is perfect, but this gave us a level of security we were comfortable with. The grandsons loved the upper bunk adventure!

Greg, '13 Solera 24R WA
gfior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #6

Solera and Forester/Sunseeker MBS now offer a factory or aftermarket safety net. Our soon to arrive motorhome will have one. Can't remember how much the option was but remember thinking it was too much.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #7
Commercial Member

$133 MSRP for wood backer built into each sidewall, metal hooks screwing into said backer. Cargo style net with seatbelt release (so its easy and recognizable to take down) fastened into the reinforced backer built into the cab over lid. Custom build for our use. Not bad I'd say

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
$133 MSRP for wood backer built into each sidewall, metal hooks screwing into said backer. Cargo style net with seatbelt release (so its easy and recognizable to take down) fastened into the reinforced backer built into the cab over lid. Custom build for our use. Not bad I'd say

Our factory installed one works great in our 24R.
DBTSolera24R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #9

Can this be a dealer installed option?

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Theoretically it can, but there would be no backer. You could use molly's or drywall anchors to fasten.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #11

I ended up making a simple wooden rail which fit into the brackets that were designed for the ladder. You can't use the ladder while the rail is in place but the kids just use the arm rest of the couch as a step.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunk Rail (1).jpg
Views:	291
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	95195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunk Rail (2).jpg
Views:	266
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	95196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunk Rail (3).jpg
Views:	388
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	95197  
Rees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #12

Every once in a while a "fix" like this one comes along. Simple, inexpensive and functional. After seeing your solution, what if you purchase and install two additional stake pockets, and hang the ladder that way.
I would make one suggestion; the gap between the mattress and the bottom of the cross piece should not be greater than 4 inches, allowing for mattress compression in that measurement. That is what safety guidlines are to prevent injury.

Great idea, thanks.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #13
Drivestregis

I use a thick expandable curtain rod. Twist it and it tightens. Think I got it at Penneys. It stores at head of cab when not in use.
2015 Honda Fit Toad
Drivestregis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rees View Post
I ended up making a simple wooden rail which fit into the brackets that were designed for the ladder. You can't use the ladder while the rail is in place but the kids just use the arm rest of the couch as a step.
Thanks so much. Hope you don’t mind but we copied your idea😀
Newmie is offline   Reply With Quote