Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #1

bunk tv swingarm modification anyone?

Has anyone modified the 32" bunk tv support arm (bracket) to allow the tv to be viewed from the front bucket seats when they are rotated to face into the coach? I have tried searching this forum but either didn't have the right language or syntax... I'm brand new to this forum, and so grateful for all the help available.

I also worry about wiring diagrams for my solera 24r. In my dad's Holiday Rambler motorhome on a Chev chassis there was no end of electrical gremlins. Every time I'd take it in they would ask for the wiring diagrams. Are these available? I did go to the library section and after downloading the file (as a pdf.) it wouldn't open. Paying 6 figures for a rig without a manual and wiring diagrams doesn't thrill me!

Happy to be here, in fact happy to be anywhere!
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #2

To the best of my knowledge I have not heard of a wiring diagram for the R available on this forum. There have been other layouts diagrams floating around for other floor plans, so it's really a matter of you trying to secure one from the factory. Then, sharing it with other R floor plan layout owners.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #3

The TV mount has been done before. It was in late 2013 early 2014 if I remember.
You might try searching again.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #4

Thanks Mike and S-K

Could you suggest some search terms? I tried bunk tv swing arm and watch tv from front seats swithout any luck.

Still kicking, do you think approaching Brian clemens would be productive? He seems very hekpful on many issues. Why do you think a manual isn't available for the solera line?
Old 01-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #5

I tried doing a search myself to no avail. Hopefully the original poster will respond.

I can't remember if it was under Mods or the Solera area.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoctor View Post
Could you suggest some search terms? I tried bunk tv swing arm and watch tv from front seats swithout any luck.

Still kicking, do you think approaching Brian clemens would be productive? He seems very hekpful on many issues. Why do you think a manual isn't available for the solera line?
You could try Brian. There has been back and forth discussions in this forum about FR getting together better documentation for the units sold. Something about Winnie already ahead of the curve in that respect, so why not FR.

I had suggested that it would be a great idea to utilize local college talent, technical and graphic types on an internship type set-up to move it. Great internship expierence. Granted it would take several years to develope, but I think FR doesn't fully grasp how many owners are also tinkerers and knowing a data set of the things in te walls and things, would seal the deal for a certain amount of potential purchasers IMO. What I have acquired from another poster was the complete electrical technical diagrams produced by the EE in the C division. So, they exist. Good luck.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Sorry...on vacation last week. Add to that terrible wi-fi and tasty drinks = slow response.

Manuals should be online now. Wiring diagrams not so much, but the new electrical engineering us supposed to be updating all of those.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #8

Those all inclusives are such a treat. We spent a week in early December in punta cana at a resort. Beautiful views and good food. Drinks were a bit watery. Glad to have back refreshed Brian.

Tags
cat, modifications