Originally Posted by DRZ2021
I am new to the group and we are buying a barely used (4,000 miles) 2014 Solera 24R from Camping World. We pick it up on Saturday June 18th. We are new to RVs and are not sure what things to make sure are good to go when we are doing the walk through. Any suggestions regarding what a dealer should do and what to pay specific attention to? Anything that is unique to look for in the 24R? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Below is what the Camping World sales person agreed to:
Here is the list of things our friends have advised to make sure is ready to go (I would assume this is all done in the Camping World prep on the sale of an RV):
1. 30 (aprox) foot power cord to hook up at campgrounds
2. Water hose to hook up at campgrounds
3. Fresh oil change in the engine
4. Black and gray water tanks flushed and clean
5. All owner’s instruction manuals included
6. Tires fully inflated including the spare
7. New windshield wipers (with only 4,000 miles the previous Owner probably never changed them and we will be driving in rain country)
8. Generator fully serviced and operational and ready to go.
Regarding the oil change. If CW does not sell the MB sprinter,
you need to check they used the right oil. If they havn't changed it yet, tell them to skip it, as putting the wrong oil will cause damage to the emission system. Most dealers who do not sell or regularly service the MB diesel, are clueless on the spec oil required. Just sayin'