Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

By Y'all .... :-(

Well, as you know, I loved my Solera. We bought it to drive back and forth from work in Mobile Alabama to our real home in New Orleans Lousiana on a weekly basis. It handled extremely well ... we then started "camping" and so much so, we went all over - Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina and Texas in the last 15 months. Never thought we would really enjoy the camping experience. But we did .... Now .. the reason for this post.

We have traded in our Solera for a 37 ft. Class A from a different manufacturer. We looked at the FR Legacy, but fell in love with the floorplan of the one we bought.

So, if anyone wants a really good Solera - look at Dixie RV in Hammond, LA. They have ours for sale. It was sad to say goodbye to the Starship Enterprise - but it taught us so much, and was very good to us. We are now on another journey with E Squared - the Mothership.

It's been fun and happy travels to you all. Take care, DebbieMH (Lynn)
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Well, as you know, I loved my Solera. We bought it to drive back and forth from work in Mobile Alabama to our real home in New Orleans Lousiana on a weekly basis. It handled extremely well ... we then started "camping" and so much so, we went all over - Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina and Texas in the last 15 months. Never thought we would really enjoy the camping experience. But we did .... Now .. the reason for this post.

We have traded in our Solera for a 37 ft. Class A from a different manufacturer. We looked at the FR Legacy, but fell in love with the floorplan of the one we bought.

So, if anyone wants a really good Solera - look at Dixie RV in Hammond, LA. They have ours for sale. It was sad to say goodbye to the Starship Enterprise - but it taught us so much, and was very good to us. We are now on another journey with E Squared - the Mothership.

It's been fun and happy travels to you all. Take care, DebbieMH (Lynn)
Congratulations on the new mh. So long, good luck, and travel safely.

2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

No reason to say bye-bye. You don't have to own a Forest River product to be a member here.

At least stop by once in a while to say hello.

Congrats on your new Class A !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Always Learning

And, what'd ya get? Brand/make/model?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
No reason to say bye-bye. You don't have to own a Forest River product to be a member here.

At least stop by once in a while to say hello.

Congrats on your new Class A !!!
2X
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #6

Congrats on your new Class A!!!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #7

Lynn it was nice to meet you before you bailed on us! I agree you can still at least say hello. Good luck with the new rig.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #8

My wife wants to trade up to one of those big units based on a truck with 3 slides but I Am the driver and refuse to have a bigger unit that I hate to drive and back up and that fits on any camping spot
Congrats on your unit, will miss all your posts
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Lynn it was nice to meet you before you bailed on us! I agree you can still at least say hello. Good luck with the new rig.
It was great to meet you too! Hope you are enjoying your stay in Florida... wish we could have stayed!

May see you again sometime ... might tag along with Ed and crash a Frog Rally!

BTW - our FR Frog is on the dash of the Excursion!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And, what'd ya get? Brand/make/model?
2014 Fleetwood Excursion 35B
Old 02-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #11

Yes that is true you do not have to be a Forest River owner to stay. This is one of the friendliest forums around, the members here are great and to me camping is camping no matter what type of equipment you use and we all need help from time to time.
We have been camping since 2000 and started out with a FleetWood Mallard, then at the end of 2005 we traded in our FleetWood in for 2006 Forest River RockWood 8314SS, in 2012we were living in our FR while our new house being built two weeks prior to settlement on the new house Hurricane Irene hit Maryland and in the middle of the storm a very large limb feel approx 15' and hit our camper the camp was totaled.
We waited and look a lot at many camper, finally in 2013 we bought a new camp but it was not a FR I am sorry to say.
I am still here for two reasons #1 the members, you all are great there were only 3,400 of uses when I join now it is unbelievable.
#2 the tons of info from all of the experience here and the willingness to share and that makes a differences and I am still learning, so thanks to all of you and for those that buy other types of rigs you need to hang around and continue sharing, there new members first time campers that need all of use to help them with the good times and the bad.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #12

Happy Trails, you can still keep in touch.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #13

Well, now that DebbieMH has confessed, I guess maybe I should, too. We bought our Solera MS in January '13. Absolutely loved it: the handling, the mileage, the dependability, etc. Then, SWMBO retired, and what had been 3-4 day trips turned into 3-4 week trips. We found that after 3-4 days, the Solera seemed to shrink. When we went to the GS rally in Atlanta, we were bit by the "trade" bug. We saw a lot of coaches, most out of our price range, many tooooo large, some without features we wanted. We settled on a Thor Palazzo, but purchased it at our local CW, took delivery Christmas Eve. We have been really pleased so far. Only problem has been the blower in the (Atwood) furnace came apart - quickly fixed by the dealer. Of course, we've already spent next year's allowance on mods and upgrades, but it's coming around! That's part of the fun of getting a new one.

But I'm not saying "goodbye," cause I'll still be lurking, checking in on the Solera forum, and hopefully being able to add a little knowledge on some issues. I do know that this is the BEST RV forum on the net, and that's because the Solera owners are the BEST.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #14

I don't have a Solara, I have a Lexington but this forum link is so much fun and informative I check it daily.
DebbieMH is my friend and travel buddy. Trust me she will continue to monitor and contribute.
Lucky for me I get to say Hello frequently.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #15

Gee I don't know what to do? I've gotten some of my best mod ideas from Debbie and Ed. Some of the rest of the Solera owners are going to have to step up with new ideas.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Gee I don't know what to do? I've gotten some of my best mod ideas from Debbie and Ed. Some of the rest of the Solera owners are going to have to step up with new ideas.

I'm sure they will Henry! Or if not, you are quite capable of leading the pack! I'll lurk around like Ed - need to see what y'all are up too :-)
Old 02-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #17

My friend, Displaced2 had to make a run to The dealership for me today (thank you!). He took these pictures of the Enterprise. Someone is going to get an awesome RV for this price!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1391737910.405438.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	45917Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1391737927.028696.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	45918
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Henry: I'd wager some good money that between, you, DebbieMH, and me, we've probably done about every possible mod that can be done. If you hear of any good ones, we'll hope they can be done to class A's, too.

I've already installed an in-motion satellite, toad-charge line, and a battery watering system on the new one!!!! And got a call from dealer today that my BlueOx TruCenter Steering Stabilizer is ready to install! Already spent next year's allowance on new toys!!!

By he way, do you think you and Tena would consider breaking some bread with a couple of "traitors" next time we're in Iowa?

Ed
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #19

I drive past Dixie daily! Small world!

BTW - Like posted above - no reason to leave us, at 612 posts you seem to have made a home here and a few friends - stick around and share your new adventures with us (we won't tell anybody you drive brand X).
Old 02-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #20

Congratulations on your new motorhome! Enjoy!!