Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
FRESNO FOREIGN

Cable tv stations

Hi folks, I have a 2012 24s and have been to many different campgrounds but can not seem to receive any cable stations. At first I thought it was the campgrounds cable fault,but no, as I was camping with other people and the cable was fine. I pick up very good antenna tv for local stations. I scan for the stations with the tv but nothing comes in. Any ideas? I tried different cables from the coach to the hook up with no change. Maybe B.Clemens has a solution without me driving a hour to a FR dealer. thanks for help in advance!
FRESNO FOREIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
2018 FR3 30DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESNO FOREIGN View Post
Hi folks, I have a 2012 24s and have been to many different campgrounds but can not seem to receive any cable stations. At first I thought it was the campgrounds cable fault,but no, as I was camping with other people and the cable was fine. I pick up very good antenna tv for local stations. I scan for the stations with the tv but nothing comes in. Any ideas? I tried different cables from the coach to the hook up with no change. Maybe B.Clemens has a solution without me driving a hour to a FR dealer. thanks for help in advance!
Here's a couple of "possibilities..may or may not work". Have you checked the antenna booster to see if it's on/off? Should be off for cable.
And have you set your tv for cable rather than antenna. You might try connecting from the cable outlet directly to your tv. If it works, then that means you probably have a system problem.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #3

Mine has a selector box on the outside of the Telly that I must use to send the desired signal to it. But mine is ten years old so I don't know how much help that will be to you.
dot76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post

Here's a couple of "possibilities..may or may not work". Have you checked the antenna booster to see if it's on/off? Should be off for cable.
And have you set your tv for cable rather than antenna. You might try connecting from the cable outlet directly to your tv. If it works, then that means you probably have a system problem.
Do these things, I think you will find the problem is one of the above. If the tv works with the antenna then you must change the tv input and the booster for cable, otherwise it wont work on cable.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #5

Another possibility is that they mis-wired (swapped) Sat. & Cable wires, but try those other things first.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Site Team

most common cause is the antenna boost button was left on, when trying to get cable.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
most common cause is the antenna boost button was left on, when trying to get cable.
^^THIS^^. turn the booster off. Don't think you would need to change the switch box over to cable since its all the same coax.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
FRESNO FOREIGN

Thanks for the help!, I will look for the antenna booster switch. I dont remember seeing one any where. Where would it be located on a 24s?
My dealer never mentioned it as I recall. Thanks again
Old 04-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Usually located next to the cable connector to the TV.Should be lit up when it is on. When you find it, push it in.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
Commercial Member

^^What he said^^ if you have a switch box instead, make sure it is powered OFF. If the switch box does not have a power button on the front (also will light up), then you may need to cut power. I think some of the boxes are hard wired.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #11

I have a 24R and after reading all the posts I too could not find the mysterious lighted power button. Finally found the button, but it was not lighted and almost impossible to see. In cabinet over the door there is a receptacle that the 12 volt adapter plugs into as well as the cable going to the TV. Behind the cable and out of sight is a button, push to power off for cable. Push again for air. Just remember to use your TV menu to add channels for cable after powering off with the button.
Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnlife View Post
I have a 24R and after reading all the posts I too could not find the mysterious lighted power button. Finally found the button, but it was not lighted and almost impossible to see. In cabinet over the door there is a receptacle that the 12 volt adapter plugs into as well as the cable going to the TV. Behind the cable and out of sight is a button, push to power off for cable. Push again for air. Just remember to use your TV menu to add channels for cable after powering off with the button.
That is where mine is as well on S. Hard to find.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
FRESNO FOREIGN

Thanks so much, I found it near the 12v plug in for the tv.
that will solve my problem. You guys are great!