Old 09-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

camera problem with 2011 solera s

i have had intermittent video dropouts on my backup camera for a while. last week it failed completely. i believe the monitor works, as the screen glows white and i can view the menus. no menu adjustment helps. i am on av1, which is the correct input.

i have plugged and unplugged the connector above the windshield several times to no avail. when i do, the monitor blacks and comes back on with no picture.

does anyone know what fuse protects the camera? i suspect if it's only one, it must be good, but if two, maybe one powers the camera.

also, is there a connector at the rear in the solera, and how do i find it? or is the camera wired inside and i can remove it by taking it apart ?

this is an oem setup, i believe. no numbers whatever on the monitor but irv-df3103d on the camera.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Refer to this thread.....

Side cameras for Jensen VM9726BT

Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #3

already checked it out. different camera, no help that i can see in that thread. thanks anyway...
Old 10-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #4

Try this link. Http:// Backup Camera System | Rear View Backup Camera | RearViewSafety.com
Old 10-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #5

Sorry here is the link: rearviewcamera.com
Old 10-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #6

Where exactly does the rear view camera cabling run on the S model. If the camera failed, where is the connection out of the camera made.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #7

still kickin
all i know is that the monitor connects to the cable under the headliner trim just above the windshield less than a foot from the monitor. it uses a connector i've never seen. i'll try to attach a pic.
from there across the top of the driver's door and down the rear door post. there i lose it. i am especially interested to know if there is a rear connector, and its location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1412171845027.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	63887  
Old 10-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
still kickin
all i know is that the monitor connects to the cable under the headliner trim just above the windshield less than a foot from the monitor. it uses a connector i've never seen. i'll try to attach a pic.
from there across the top of the driver's door and down the rear door post. there i lose it. i am especially interested to know if there is a rear connector, and its location.
Check to see if it comes down out of the cab area and uses the chassis frame to get back to the rear. I've been under mine, seen some cable, but until you mentioned part of your trace, I never thought to locate a cable from that side running back.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #9

The camera on our 2011 quit after a week and was replaced on warranty. The issues where as you described and started with camera on/off until it completely failed.

In the end the guy removed the camera and installed a newer compatible one (don't ask what model as he's done this under warranty).

No need to take the camera apart. Unscrew pull the wire (running inside the RV) out further and cut it off. Put new camera on and ready to roll. Process takes about 10 minutes in total.

Reiner
Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerka View Post
The camera on our 2011 quit after a week and was replaced on warranty. The issues where as you described and started with camera on/off until it completely failed.

In the end the guy removed the camera and installed a newer compatible one (don't ask what model as he's done this under warranty).

No need to take the camera apart. Unscrew pull the wire (running inside the RV) out further and cut it off. Put new camera on and ready to roll. Process takes about 10 minutes in total.

Reiner
I'm not following you. If you pull the cable out and cut it, how do you attach the replacement camera?

Tags
2011, solera