Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Cel light again

Will last week we had the Mercedes serviced at Redding Freightliner and they checked the CEL light that was on. Cleared the light and said nothing showed as a problem and they loaded yet another program into the computer and all was good. Took off on a week long trip and everything went great for first 4 days. Started home and stopped to visit family in Medford, OR. Motorhome set for two days, started it for the 4 hour drive home and CEL came on and stayed on all the way home. Is still on but everything ran great and no problems getting home. Others have stated they just ignore the CEL light. Purchased this for travel enjoyment but wonder if I can ever relax and enjoy a trip. Think we have had only one short trip in this first year of ownership with no problems. I am getting discouraged with Mercedes. Forest River coach is fine, I just need to move to a Chevy.
Unhappy Camper
BadBob

Old 08-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
2012 Solera

When we broke down 70 miles north of Sacramento, I called Redding Freightliner. Not very helpful. Among other things, told me okay to keep driving it "if it will go" and that the six dash warnings "might clear if we drove on". Actually, the vehicle wouldn't shift out of first gear when we attempted to proceed. Ended up being towed to Mercedes of Sacramento- they troubleshot and repaired. My impression is they had a better understanding of the vehicle than did Freightliner of Redding (based only on the above experience with both).
I remember earlier suggesting finding a Freightliner Sprinter service center based on my excellent experience with Freightliner Oklahoma City. Now I suspect it is location specific.

JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

JLeising:
I think you may be correct and it is time to find another dealer. I have been happy with Redding Freightliner personnel but seems as if they are not able to identify and correct the problem. Just wondering if anyone here on the forum has any experience with Mercedes in Medford, Oregon.
Thank You
BadBob
Old 08-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #4

Took the Solera to Mercedes/Sprinter dealer in Medford, OR and they cleared the CEL.
They seem to think the light shows no failure but a fuel system error. They say maybe I had some bad fuel. Explained to them if this is the case then I have had bad fuel since I purchase a year ago as light has come on almost every trip we have taken. Asked them if possible I have a bad sensor. So frustrating that I am not able to trust the CEL light. Guess like the story the Boy Who Called Wolf. Just ignore the CEL light and drive until it quits.
BadBob

Tags
light