Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #1

Chassis Battery

Ok I know the two coach batteries are located under the steps but do these batteries also provide power for the engine? Do not see any other batteries.
Thank You
BadBob
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #2

No they do not, there is another battery in the foot well of the driver side. you have to lift the carpet.....I suggest you consult your MB Sprinter manual for this. There is also another disconnect switch - how to operate that one again, that is in the MB manual. I hope you have that????
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
2018 FR3 30DS

Assuming MB hasn't changed their tool kit (found under passenger foot rest), there's a set of screw drivers and one of them has a "tork" type head that you use to unscrew the screws on the driver's side. When you get them unscrewed and have lifted up the floormat, you will see the chassis battery with a metal cover on it. You have to unscrew the ones that hold the cover on it. It's a funny looking battery. Most all the information you need (except for how to turn off the headlights) is in the Sprinter owner manual. There is also a maintenance book that you should be familiar with when the the various symbols come of after a few thousand miles. They are your reminders for oil change, etc. The information in the owners' manual tells you how to turn off the headlights when the ignition is turn on but it doesn't work...
Did they get your seals corrected when they replaced the motor/wiring?
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
2015 Solera 24R

Slow_movin and Loefflerh: Thanks for the word of wisdom. New rig walkthroughs are all not done the same. Next week, when we take delivery of a new rig, I'll watch to see if these things are pointed out. If not, I'll have them show us. Since we're flying in to the Ohio dealership, and will be limited on what we can bring, it's good to know about the MB-supplied screwdrivers (tools) by the passenger's footrest. That's one less thing to fly out with. Thanks.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #5

Will did find in the manual where the battery is located. This is a new unit and know nothing about motor rewiring so not sure what that is. Manal covers so many models that I just need to spend more time and study all of it. Will keep the manual handy as I will never remember all the symbols. Things just not as easy with all the technical improvements, but I do love the way it drives.
BadBob
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing555 View Post
Slow_movin and Loefflerh: Thanks for the word of wisdom. New rig walkthroughs are all not done the same. Next week, when we take delivery of a new rig, I'll watch to see if these things are pointed out. If not, I'll have them show us. Since we're flying in to the Ohio dealership, and will be limited on what we can bring, it's good to know about the MB-supplied screwdrivers (tools) by the passenger's footrest. That's one less thing to fly out with. Thanks.
Rving555, if your dealer has a clue on the location of the chassis battery, tool kit, etc. on the Sprinter, i'd rate them a 10. Don't hold your breath.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery