Originally Posted by beaveratc
We have a new solera 24s. We stored it for 4 weeks and the house and chassis batteries are dead. I used the shutoff for the house but did not use the one for the chassis under the dash near the gas pedal. Short of a tow truck, i cant find any way to jump-start the coach. Here are my 2 questions: 1) does the under the dash battery cut off work well and how long will chassis battery last if this is used and 2) is there any way, short of a tow truck, to jump-start the coach. Thanks
Not sure what is going on, but on my 2012 Solera "S" I have regularly left the motorhome for well over a month (more like 2+ months) without turning off the chassis battery disconnect and did not experience a battery discharge problem. I do turn off the house disconnect switch in the stair well. The house batteries have also not discharged significantly over the same period. The house battery disconnect switch on my unit disconnects the LP/CO detector.
Our 2012 has the Lippert "flush floor" slide; don't know if FR has changed that for the newer "S" models. I understand the Schwintech (sp?) slides have a "brain" which does draw some current while the disconnect switch is off. I also understand the new units have a different radio - no idea if that adds to the parasitic draw. I have not experienced significant parasitic draw from either the original Magnadyne radio or the Kenwood I replaced it with. There may be other changes since my unit that add parasitics when the house disconnect is turned "off".
If, as you state, your chassis battery is discharging in a month, I suspect a problem - e.g. under hood light staying on? Courtesy light staying on? With respect to the house batteries discharging so quickly with the disconnect turned off, I would suggest measuring the draw (with the disconnect switch turned off) and try to isolate the source. What you experienced sounds like excessive drain somewhere.