Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Check front tire pressure on Solera w/o remove wheel covers

Has anyone found a tire valve stem connection that works great for the front wheels of the Solera, without removing the wheel covers. I notice that camping world sells a 90 degree, that says it is for front wheels. Will this work?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #2

I check my tires on a regular basis and have never had to take the wheel covers off.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #3

This is what I have used in the past 10-150 psi Dual Head Truck/RV Tire Gauge - GEMPLER'S
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

That's what I use to check my also.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13larry View Post
Has anyone found a tire valve stem connection that works great for the front wheels of the Solera, without removing the wheel covers. I notice that camping world sells a 90 degree, that says it is for front wheels. Will this work?
I had the same problem; the valve stem was not long enough to protrude through the wheel cover. The problem was compounded when I tried to install tire pressure monitors on those front wheels. I ordered valve extenders to solve that problem. Straight extenders work on the front wheels!

I still plan to replace the rubber valve stems with metal stems on both front and rear wheels, long enough that I don't need the flex-aire extenders on the rear wheels, either. Haven't gotten around to ordering them yet. Another Solera user posted reference to an outfit that had the proper stems.

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #6

I bought straight 1 1/2" extenders from the local auto parts house for a few bucks for a set of four. They work fine, and I have two spares.
tommyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, pressure, solera, tire, wheel