Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Commercial Member

no, we've been running it for a while

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

I have a 2011 Coachman P220 and love it , It’s Just the right size for Two. I would suggest as 2K isn’t that big of a deal in the long run, just pick the floor plan of the unit you think fits you and it doesn’t matter if it’s a FS or Coachman.
van_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #23

The entertainment system is a gimmick
Get the one with the most storage
I got all the junk from my 28 ft trailer into my solara s and still have room for more
I think the ones with overhead entertainment systems is a waste of space
We put extra bedding ,pillows ,down comforter etc up there, I've even slept up there
The swing out tv works fine
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_fl View Post
I have a 2011 Coachman P220 and love it , It’s Just the right size for Two. I would suggest as 2K isn’t that big of a deal in the long run, just pick the floor plan of the unit you think fits you and it doesn’t matter if it’s a FS or Coachman.
yeh i agree the U dinette 50 gal fresh water 20gal propane tank best suite my family need with 3 kids and the offer i got 2014 2150 LE @66K I think its very good deal.. the local solera dealer claim the coachmen not good quality but from the pictures they look nice
what you do think about yours? any build problem roof leak bath etc..?
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
The entertainment system is a gimmick
Get the one with the most storage
I got all the junk from my 28 ft trailer into my solara s and still have room for more
I think the ones with overhead entertainment systems is a waste of space
We put extra bedding ,pillows ,down comforter etc up there, I've even slept up there
The swing out tv works fine
yes i agree even for 2 peopl the overhead entertaiment is waste of space
but the prism has nice one out side tv and speaker
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

A friend has a solara And looking at both they both look like they were built side by side on the some assembly line.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #27

"OVEN"- We like that option in our Solera SE Package. I too looked over the Coachmen and did not care for all the "Plastic and Workmanship!" Each to their own, Good Luck in Your Research.
2013 Solera S

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #28

You need to touch and feel them in person before you make a decision. My opinion.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
You need to touch and feel them in person before you make a decision. My opinion.
yes, we did .... 2150 le and 24 S BASE PAINT WHITE
in side FIRST IMPRESSION prism look more luxuary than the solera the outside base paint, graphics paint on prism much nicer glossier ..
the corner bed on the prism feel bigger than the solera its longer
conv. oven very nice ...extra drowers well design for the space
out .. shower door feel stronger than the solera easy to slide and no plastics rings on the top
night shades feel more expensive than the solera
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #30

Great - then you have decided on a Prism. That is good. We all wish you the best. Take care.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by smggsm View Post

yes, we did .... 2150 le and 24 S BASE PAINT WHITE
in side FIRST IMPRESSION prism look more luxuary than the solera the outside base paint, graphics paint on prism much nicer glossier ..
the corner bed on the prism feel bigger than the solera its longer
conv. oven very nice ...extra drowers well design for the space
out .. shower door feel stronger than the solera easy to slide and no plastics rings on the top
night shades feel more expensive than the solera
As Debbie said-I'm glad you've seen them both and made your decision. I wish you well with the 2150. Don't forget that this forum has a spot set up for coachman. I'm sure they are just as helpful as the folks here. Take care.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #32

Quote:
i know who u are you helped alot before with my 2010 solera .. im here im just trying to get the best deal for my need ... BTW rv direct not even a dealer they are brokers
you opinion very valuable for my decision

rvdirect owns 4 dealerships. the main one and the creator of RVDIRECT is Albanyrv in Albany ny.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #33

Not sure if the Fiberglass front cap in New solera new design is more to prevent water leak??? or for betetr aero dynamic for better gas mileage??? ..
PRISM LE 2150 does not have this option this is plus to the solera ..
can any one confirm?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 02 10.08.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	36769   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 02 10.13.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	36770  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Not sure if the Fiberglass front cap in New solera new design is more to prevent water leak??? or for betetr aero dynamic for better gas mileage??? ..
PRISM LE 2150 does not have this option this is plus to the solera ..
can any one confirm?
I thought you had decided to go with the prism... Your comments that you had seen both and that the prism looked nicer and had a bigger bed plus was $2000 cheaper sounded like you had arrived at the decision to go that route. What happened?
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #35

New 2014 Solera 24R Features?
Hi Brian - I am getting very close to ordering a new 2014 Solera 24R or buying a 2013 off the lot from one of your dealers. But I need to know what has changed for 2014. I see nothing on the Forest River site mentioning this, but from this forum I picked up from you that now LED lighting is std. I also see that some of the 2013's now have a large rear window in the bedroom slide that was not there in earlier models.
Are there any other changes for 2014? New options / features? Deleted features?

I have chosen the Solera because of all the content you mentioned, the Sprinter chassis, and the best value for it all. Oh - and because of you. It is great to see a representative from the manufacturer so actively involved in a product website, providing honest, knowledgable and very helpful information. As a potential customer, and soon to be real customer, your involvement is highly valued. Hopefully you can keep this up.

FYI - some of the options I would like to see you offer on this model are:
1> Upgraded matress
2> Full sine wave inverter with higher capacity. (1500 watts+). To be honest I am not sure what comes std now with this model as the specs are not very specific.
3> Some kind of PC work station incorporated into dinette. What I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to wall mount a PC monitor or 2 in the bath sidewall where the mirror currently is facing the dinette. Then I could set up my laptop on the dinette table but have a larger view screen on that wall.
4> Solar system with charging regulator.
5> More modern cabinets - something along the lines what LTV offers, with the push button locking latches.
6> Lighter interior trim options.

Just my ideas. Once I purchase I am sure to have more thoughts. But thanks for listening.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post

I thought you had decided to go with the prism... Your comments that you had seen both and that the prism looked nicer and had a bigger bed plus was $2000 cheaper sounded like you had arrived at the decision to go that route. What happened?
I have till the 15th to decide ..either one I have to order them no dealer has full body paint
Must have fully body paint .. Coming from 2011 solera all graphics start fading out in the sun
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #37
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

I know that it’s a hard decision. I looked for a year to find the floor layout that I wanted on a Sprinter.
No harm in looking at all brands for the correct one for you.

ps. Function not paint is important.
But what do I know I am an engineer! lol
Old 08-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiHenri View Post
New 2014 Solera 24R Features?
Hi Brian - I am getting very close to ordering a new 2014 Solera 24R or buying a 2013 off the lot from one of your dealers. But I need to know what has changed for 2014.

FYI - some of the options I would like to see you offer on this model are:
1> Upgraded matress
---(working on this)
2> Full sine wave inverter with higher capacity. (1500 watts+). To be honest I am not sure what comes std now with this model as the specs are not very specific.
---(no inverter comes with Solera, we swtiched to 12v TV's and DVD. We had too many supplier issues with inverters. They kept running us out.)
3> Some kind of PC work station incorporated into dinette. What I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to wall mount a PC monitor or 2 in the bath sidewall where the mirror currently is facing the dinette. Then I could set up my laptop on the dinette table but have a larger view screen on that wall.
---Sounds like you have that one figured out.
4> Solar system with charging regulator.
---We have looked into this...but the demand has not been high and there are so many different options at this point. We have prototyped a 45 watt solar panel. Real world testing ti going on right now.
5> More modern cabinets - something along the lines what LTV offers, with the push button locking latches.
---part of that for us was cost. We wanted to made the Solera more affordable than what was currently offered. Also other companies had copied what Winnie and LTV were doing...we wanted to be different. And as nice as the european styling looks...it's not for everybody. I like it...but my taste leans contemporary.
6> Lighter interior trim options.
---We do offer a maple wood option.

Just my ideas. Once I purchase I am sure to have more thoughts. But thanks for listening.
Thanks for the input. We're always looking for ways to improve the product.

As for the product changes...what you have to know is we don't always wait til model change to improve a product. For example, the LED lights and LED light bar on the awning. When we proto-typed the LED lights, we loved them. So we decided to switch over immediately. Why ship more units to dealers with old halogen bulbs when we had the ability to switch to LED within a week.

It does make it a little more difficult...but most retail customers "buy what they see" on the lot. So we want to make sure we put our best foot forward...as soon as we can.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_fl View Post
I know that it’s a hard decision. I looked for a year to find the floor layout that I wanted on a Sprinter.
No harm in looking at all brands for the correct one for you.

ps. Function not paint is important.
But what do I know I am an engineer! lol
I agree specially now there is many floor plans comparing 3 years ago.. it hard to decide , but for our family with 2 kids I think 20 gal propane tank, 50 gal fresh water ( come handy we camp a lot on Pismo beach)
the U Shape dinette.
IN PRISM FLOOR PLAN its better option for more people to sit and extra seat belts incase u have guests.. longer corner bed , more room inside
I hope the build quality couchmen is good like FR
Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #40

You been looking for three years and still can't make your mind up??
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera, coachmen