Originally Posted by papap
Ok I found it next to water heater. It's a WFCO 55 amp model 9855. Got home kinda late. The engine had fully charged the batteries on the way home. So I turn on all he lights and battery voltage was at 12.34. Plugged camper to 110 plugin. Took awhile and I heard fan kick on. Checked voltage at battery and it was up to 13.4 but it only stay at this for a few seconds. Then the fan kicked off and voltage dropped back to 12.3. So I'm guess converter is just going bad. Any ideas to try before I order a new one?
I would think that it is the convertor, Look on amazon and get the progressive replacement. It will fit right in very easy to change. With the WFCO it should have stayed at 13.6 when you plugged in. I think it cost around $220.00 or so and the WFCO cost about $185.00. You could also get the 65 amp or 75 amp. Which ever one you think you want and need. Check the dimensions on the speck sheet, make sure they are the same size as the direct replacement for the 9855. If you boondock alot you might want the faster amp charger. Other then that get the direct replacement, it would be cheaper.