Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by papap View Post
Only about 30 minutes. I had taken the old one out already. I move the 110 power supply also. Just had to unscrew it and move it to next to power center. I did gave to add a longer ground wire. It was all very easy to do.
You are really going to like that convertor much better then what FR installs. It's a great update for your unit...... It will save your batteries, and is cheaper then buying new batteries after the WFCO that will keep boiling or gassing your batteries. If gives you the control of your batteries.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Well I am late to join this but thought I might add to it as I just got a call from dealer last night. I took my 5vr in for some work and asked them to check out the convertor cause it had been burning up a lot of light bulb the last few months. voltage were always good when I checked and everything worked. they told me that the convertor was arcing inside the case which was causing my problem. not sure which model convertor will try to find out when I pick up trailer
__________________

__________________
2012 Primetime Sanibel 2012
2013 Chevy 2500hd
red smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by red smoke View Post
Well I am late to join this but thought I might add to it as I just got a call from dealer last night. I took my 5vr in for some work and asked them to check out the convertor cause it had been burning up a lot of light bulb the last few months. voltage were always good when I checked and everything worked. they told me that the convertor was arcing inside the case which was causing my problem. not sure which model convertor will try to find out when I pick up trailer
I'll bet a wfco 8955
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Actually dealer sadi it was a progressive not sure model.
__________________
2012 Primetime Sanibel 2012
2013 Chevy 2500hd
red smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #35
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by red smoke View Post
Actually dealer sadi it was a progressive not sure model.
That will shatter FT Turbs and gljurczyk's bubble knowing a Progressive unit has a problem.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by red smoke View Post
Actually dealer sadi it was a progressive not sure model.
I would not believe the dealer. Pull the cover, 1 fan WFCO 2 fans Progressive. He didn't know what model he replaced it with?
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

That will shatter FT Turbs and gljurczyk's bubble knowing a Progressive unit has a problem.
Lol it'd be the first pd ive heard with any kindvof issue.


Op does it look like this?


Name:   WFCO__51557.1272905483.120.120.jpeg
Views: 190
Size:  3.5 KB
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #38
10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dunedin, FL.
Posts: 567
I am curious to see this too!
__________________
2014 XLR 27 HFS
2010 F250 4x4 Crewcab Turbo Diesel
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
That will shatter FT Turbs and gljurczyk's bubble knowing a Progressive unit has a problem.
He who laughs last, last best. You will see old man that Turbs and I'm correct. FR will never pop for a good convertor, they like putting in the garbage WFCO just like yours. You will come to the good side one day....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
He who laughs last, last best. You will see old man that Turbs and I'm correct. FR will never pop for a good convertor, they like putting in the garbage WFCO just like yours. You will come to the good side one day....
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
inverter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.