Old 12-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #41
Mod free 5er

On the 9 trailers we've had since 76, we've never had a problem with any of the converters. This one could go bad tomorrow, but I can't badmouth whatever brands we've had.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
On the 9 trailers we've had since 76, we've never had a problem with any of the converters. This one could go bad tomorrow, but I can't badmouth whatever brands we've had.
Who is bad mouthing, It is a proven fact that a 4 stage chargers are better then 3 stage. Plus you get the wizard to pick your tailored needs that's all. Progressive you can put it in 14.4, 13.6 or 13.2 if you want plus it has the built in Desalazation mode built in. I had to by a battery plus control for that with the WFCO. So now i do not need it in my trailer so I installed it on my truck being a F250 has 2 batteries. IT"S A PROVEN FACT NOT BAD MOUTHING, It's just proven fact.......read the specks on the unit. Only person bad mouthing is someone else on this thread not me.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #43
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Who is bad mouthing, It is a proven fact that a 4 stage chargers are better then 3 stage. Plus you get the wizard to pick your tailored needs that's all. Progressive you can put it in 14.4, 13.6 or 13.2 if you want plus it has the built in Desalazation mode built in. I had to by a battery plus control for that with the WFCO. So now i do not need it in my trailer so I installed it on my truck being a F250 has 2 batteries. IT"S A PROVEN FACT NOT BAD MOUTHING, It's just proven fact.......read the specks on the unit. Only person bad mouthing is someone else on this thread not me.
OK, you lost me. I need some education on this in case one day I have a problem with mine.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #44
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
OK, you lost me. I need some education on this in case one day I have a problem with mine.
If you have a wfco converter and it goes bad you should upgrade to a progressive dynamics brand for the little cost difference.
The pd unit is so much better for your batteries.
The charge wizard pendant allows you to select the charge rate at anytime.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/rv_products.html

Turbs
Old 12-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #45
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
lmao.... I've figured you gotta learn how to cipher the actual information from the "mine or my way is better than yours" bickering.
I've tent camped all my life and I just got my first 5er. I've pulling heavy trailers most of my life so just basically just here to learn the ins and outs of the RV's. I know a heck if a lot more now than I did a couple months ago. Great forum.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:

No one said anyone was bad mouthing, I just said I couldn't or wouldn't bad mouth whatever unit I have if it went bad. Just saying we haven't had a converter or battery problem in any trailer we've had.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #47
GM

Quote:
He who laughs last, last best. You will see old man that Turbs and I'm correct. FR will never pop for a good convertor, they like putting in the garbage WFCO just like yours. You will come to the good side one day....
I've ask for one to test out. Who knows, maybe we have some national contract with WFCO. But if I am able to get one into a unit, I expect a public apology, with fireworks and everything.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #48
Mod free 5er

Have no idea what brand converters any of the 9 trailers we've owned had in them, but we've never had a problem altho whatever is in this one could go out in the next hour. So far, so good since 1976.

Note to bclemens: All you will get from those two would be cackling and a bunch of "I told you so's"
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I've ask for one to test out. Who knows, maybe we have some national contract with WFCO. But if I am able to get one into a unit, I expect a public apology, with fireworks and everything.
And you will get one, But then I also expect FR to change if you find out it is better. I love FR products and anything that I could do I would be glad to help. I replaced 2 WFCO in 2 years, never did it ever drop to float at 13.2 it always stayed at 13.6 That is not good for your battery life. It is always overcharging. The 1 fan system bearings went out twice. Good luck in your test please keep us informed and thanks, I do understand that you are on the forum on your own and not as a rep. But I would think that FR would want to use the best and latest tech. for there products.I'm very PRO FR but at the sametime I would like to see FR give it's customers the best. After all the 12V battery system is lets say the heart of the units. It is also a true 4 stage charger not a 3 stage like WFCO. I had to take the cover off to make sure the fans where running that is how quite the 2 fan system is. I think you will agree after your testing....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #50
GM

We certainly want to install the best that we can. There is also a balance with affordability. At the end of the day we still need to beat out the other guys. We already do a lot of things that the other guys don't. However, we have gotten very good at making sure people are aware of those things and weigh that in their pricing comparisons.

There are a few things we look at when weighing any decision. 1. is it better, or are there other concerns that get raised now? 2. What does it cost? 3. Is that cost worth the perceived value? 4. Can I sell it?

Obviously I see some value there and things that I can sell. But I need to be sure at the end of the day, the average buyer doesn't say "well I don't really care about that".

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter