Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #11

Not towing anything I typically cruise at 70-72 MPH. With a significant headwind or crosswind I'll slow down a bit. The comment about a big difference in MPG between 60 MPH and 70 MPH is spot on. It is noticeably more expensive to get there quicker!

Old 08-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #12

How about this; The ELM327 Programmed Microcontroller with blue tooth capability. It plugs into your OBD II port. Just be conscience of fitment. You can then download a free android program to your tablet and view engine perameters in realtime. Other programs cost a little, but might suite your individual taste. Some ELM 327's go for as little as $20 bucks. Might be worth a look guys. Sure beats $150 bucks if its giving you what your looking for.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #13

Here is an excellent explanation of the ELM 327 "bridge" and how it works. What is ELM327?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
Anacortesians

Our rig isn't new enough to have all the digital gew-gaws. I usually keep to the truck speed limits - after all, it's just an 11-ton box truck in fancy dress!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
How about this; The ELM327 Programmed Microcontroller with blue tooth capability. It plugs into your OBD II port. Just be conscience of fitment. You can then download a free android program to your tablet and view engine perameters in realtime. Other programs cost a little, but might suite your individual taste. Some ELM 327's go for as little as $20 bucks. Might be worth a look guys. Sure beats $150 bucks if its giving you what your looking for.
WhiteSolera
This will give you realtime engine temp, boost PSI, tranny temp ect?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #16

Not sure. Seems the "recommenedapp" per my reading is Torgue Lite, which is free. Torque Pro, costs a few dollars and the review says it has more features. I just mentioned it here in case someone might want to try it in case of spending big bucks on the scanner tool.