Old 05-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #21

The remote is great to have since you can stand away from the coach and eyeball it for level if parked on an uneven surface. Using the manual control, your head is stuck inside the back compartment (at least that's where my manual switch is located). I guess you could put two stick-on levels inside the basement by the switch, or have your significant other eyeball it for you (if they can discern level from crooked).http://www.forestriverforums.com/for.../roflblack.gif

Old 05-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #22
Mike's defective Solera

Due to the lack of concern for the customer's safety by Quadraleveler, I have decided to sell my Solera. I feel that they and Forest River are denying and hiding the problem!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #23

I'm sure the readers of this forum are curious as to whether you will inform and reveal to potential buyers, your experience and safety concerns about your Solera. I suppose that if you don't, you may be held to the same standard as you expect of the manufacturers.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #24
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Self View Post
Due to the lack of concern for the customer's safety by Quadraleveler, I have decided to sell my Solera. I feel that they and Forest River are denying and hiding the problem!
I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish there were better solutions but I understand your feelings and respect your decision.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #25
Mike's defective Solera

Thumbs down My experience with Forest River

Miata Hoarder, I have been awaiting a call that was promised by Mike Jankowski, Warranty Manager for Forest River, since April 22. Then several emails between him and myself were sent, always a call the NEXT day!
It is May 6 and I still have received NO call from him.
How would you react?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Miata Hoarder, I have been awaiting a call that was promised by Mike Jankowski, Warranty Manager for Forest River, since April 22. Then several emails between him and myself were sent, always a call the NEXT day!
How would you react?

I'd probably just put a switch on the main power line to the Bigfoot, congratulate myself for improving their design and then move on to enjoying an otherwise nice RV.

But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #27
Mike's defective Solera

Thumbs down other problems with Solera

There were problems other than the levelers.
The toilet valve burst and flooded the bathroom while driving.
The door was warped and would not open and close properly.
The compartments, front lower and two rear, leaked due to improper
installation of the gaskets.
The molding that went from bottom to top of unit were not painted to match the rest of the unit. also the moldings came out of the tracks and were drooping above the doors.
The rear view camera quit working numerous times especially when the temperature dropped below 50 degrees.
The canopy over the dining slide twisted when let out, hung up the slide then ripped out at the bracket.
So the jacks were only part of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The unit had been in the 3 different shops 4 different times for a total of more than 10 weeks since purchase and repairs were still not completed.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #28

Did you take back to the factory? Or arrange for it to be picked up if you did not have time.? I bet they would address all of your troubles with the jacks and leakage complaints. I had a lemon TT, not near as much money as your investment but never the less we lost about 2 weeks of camping due to repairs on a brand new unit. My dealer rebuilt and made the slide better. Still was trouble, we traded, bought a 5th wheel.

I guess if you decide on a new motorhome you might need a lot more money to find a more acceptable quality level, tough decision to make.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #29
GM

Quote:
How would you react?
I'm not sure I follow. He was supposed to call 4/22, but you guys have exchange emails since then?

Emails were sent and he didn't call until the next day? Just trying to figure out what was going on. He always calls, unless he is waiting on something from the retail or the dealer. I'll inquire.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
How would you react?
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Did you take back to t factory? Or arrange for it to be picked up if you did not have time.? I bet they would address all of your trip and leakage complaints.
Mike, I hate to hear about all these problems. I can certainly empathize with you, as it does sound like from your previous posts that you have been trying to get FR to call you to address the unresolved issues.

For the members here who haven't had the problems or the frustrations you've encountered, it might seem that we are trivializing your troubles. I assure you that's not the case, it's just that many here (moi included) are of the DIY (do it yourself) type, and usually assume that position if possible. However, if we had that many problems on a new unit that costs many thousands of dollars, as well as couldn't use the RV due to it being in the shop...... we might think different on the whole DIY thing.

Hopefully it will all get fixed and you won't have to sell the RV and you can sing the praises of FR instead of the opposite. bclemens is as good a person and factory rep as you will find...and I see he is engaged in this now. I have good feelings as to the outcome and you can enjoy camping as we all do,

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, solera