Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #1

Dealer Prices

The best price so far I've been able to achieve is in the 71k (rvdirect) range with most of the options.

Has anyone been able to purchase from a local dealer at this price? I would much rather by local than by email and out of state. It seems crazy how some dealers have their Solera's listed at over 100k!
CHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Always Learning

When I went shopping for my fifth wheel, I found most dealers came withing $500-$2,500 on my Sabre.

I'm not a negotiator. I despise it!

I got prices from a couple of the wholesalers. Decided what I wanted to pay locally and then approached the local dealers with, "This is my price. Will you sell it to me for that?" Two of three dealers were willing to. The third one was willing to after I had verbally agreed with one of the others. Each dealer knew that I was talking to multiple dealers at once and that I wasn't interested in playing games. (as politely as I could, of course)
Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #3

We went into our local dealer (2nd camper we purchased from them in 4 years) to just look at the floorplan we were interested in and discuss options prices. We told them what we wanted and what we were willing to pay. They gave us a nice price and we said thanks, we'll think about it. Three days later we came back so they knew we were definately interested. Over those 3 days I got prices from some internet dealers. Dealer was already at a good price but came down to within a couple hundred from best internet price. Dealer was happy to retain a previous customer, I was happy to continue doing business with who I consider a very reputable dealer, deal was done and unit was ordered. I also have the comfort of a local dealer to take care of me if any issues arise. Arm yourself with internet prices, figure in that the local dealer needs to make some profit, and see what happens. Usually 25 - 33% off MSRP is considered good.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILL View Post
The best price so far I've been able to achieve is in the 71k (rvdirect) range with most of the options.

Has anyone been able to purchase from a local dealer at this price? I would much rather by local than by email and out of state. It seems crazy how some dealers have their Solera's listed at over 100k!
Just come in knowing that you'll have to pay whatever freight difference is. Also most internet guys are not taking a trade...so sell the unit yourself, or don't expect to be getting retail value on a trade in. If you go in to the local dealer with realistic expectations, many will match (within reason).

Also remember that internet guy is not planning on seeing you again, so it's a "out of sight out of mind" experience. That local dealer is going to provide "customer service", expedited service, local contacts, etc sometimes may need to do something out of his own pocket. He needs to have people on staff to do that.

Too often I see a customer come in and say "beat this or else" with the wrong attitude. The dealer will tell you to take a hike and then everyone is mad. This serves the best interest of NO ONE. We need these dealers to stock product...otherwise you won't have that nice dealership down the street to actually view our product.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just come in knowing that you'll have to pay whatever freight difference is. Also most internet guys are not taking a trade...so sell the unit yourself, or don't expect to be getting retail value on a trade in. If you go in to the local dealer with realistic expectations, many will match (within reason).

Also remember that internet guy is not planning on seeing you again, so it's a "out of sight out of mind" experience. That local dealer is going to provide "customer service", expedited service, local contacts, etc sometimes may need to do something out of his own pocket. He needs to have people on staff to do that.

Too often I see a customer come in and say "beat this or else" with the wrong attitude. The dealer will tell you to take a hike and then everyone is mad. This serves the best interest of NO ONE. We need these dealers to stock product...otherwise you won't have that nice dealership down the street to actually view our product.
Not everyone has a local dealer. Forest River, yes. Solera, no.
Onepasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Graduate Member

Quote:

well said
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #7

Quote:

Do you know if there is a Solera dealer in Arkansas? I have a camping world 5 miles from me but only carry fr travel trailers. I would like to order one as I would like to get all options installed at the factory.
Chris.W.Bratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Commercial Member

McClains in Little Rock I know carries Solera.

Or just go here...
Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV

Punch in your Zip and it will give you two closest dealers.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #9

Quote:
McClains in Little Rock I know carries Solera.

Or just go here...
Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV

Punch in your Zip and it will give you two closest dealers.

McClains went out of business months ago in Arkansas. They are only in TX and OK now. Do you think Camping World can order me one from you guys? Is there a factory option for Solar Panels?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I see, I don't cover that area do I don't know it all that well.

As for the other part. No and No.

We're proto-typing some solar panels...but goodness there are a lot of different configurations.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #11

So the Travel Trailer and RV are differant at Forrest River? I'm about 3 months from ordering as I want to pay cash for the RV. Is there any chance that FR will get a dealer available in Arkansas this year. I really want the 24R but dealer support is very important to me.

Quote:
I see, I don't cover that area do I don't know it all that well.

As for the other part. No and No.

We're proto-typing some solar panels...but goodness there are a lot of different configurations.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Yes, it's all one big company but its like Chevy/GMC. Just because you have one line doesn't mean you get them all. As for an Arkansas dealer I don't show anything in the immediate future. But we're always looking to sign new dealers.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Yes, it's all one big company but its like Chevy/GMC. Just because you have one line doesn't mean you get them all. As for an Arkansas dealer I don't show anything in the immediate future. But we're always looking to sign new dealers.

Since I do not have a dealer near by, Would it be best for me to just buy from RVDirect? Will warrenty work still need to be done by a Solera dealer or can Camping workd do it or would I have to drive 6 hours away to the nearest dealer?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
Commercial Member

It's best that you buy from a dealer you're comfortable with. As for warranty, if that Camping World carries Forest River lines, they should be able to do warranty work.