Old 03-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
GM

As soon as we get parts they would go on the very next unit.

As for the point of a back up camera...it is for added safety, convenience and extra precaution, not the removal of other precautions. Even on a car back up camera if there is a dog or something lower than the bumper then that is a safety issue. That is an existing safety issue...not one caused by adding the car back up camera.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #12

Have you tried to swivel the camera up? Most are mounted in a bracket. All mine came very short (hitch ball sight) adjusted to length of toad.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #13

BC, will you make those extensions available for purchase to the rest of us or supply a source?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #14
GM

Yes. We're ordering extras. As soon as we get them in I'll post.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #15

My dealer contacted FR and they will be sending an extension and the warranty will cover installation. (I do appreciate BC monitoring this forum)

Sent from my M470BSA using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
GM

See there...happy endings.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #17

Thanks so much BC and all. We can't wait for ours! It's only been a week and they said it could take up to 10!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #18

2014 added longer camera bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagn11 View Post
My expectations were that I would have full functionality. In my mind it is a safety issue because you have a camera and are looking at the camera view and unless you remember (every time) that you cannot see what is behind you within the first 3 feet you may backup and hit something or someone. My spouse only drives the RV rarely and had no clue she couldn't see the first 3 feet and backed up with a neighbor's child walking on the sidewalk behind the RV. To me that is a safety issue. What is the point of having the camera if you have to get out of the RV to check to see if anything or anyone is directly behind you?
After six months of haggling with the dealer and they with FR, I finally got the longer bracket mounted on my 24R - 2014. This allows the field of view to be from just behind the rear bumper to about 20 feet behind the coach. It was a huge hassle, but FR finally came through. I had to talk to a FR engineer to get this done. I hope they are providing this over site to be corrected for everyone.

See the picture provided. I only wish they had painted it white to match, but at this point, i am happy.

Rich

Solera 24R - 2014
Life is Good - All is Well
richhop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
GM

Looks like kidagn11 called and had no issue (may depend on the dealer). We were aware of the problem, it was just a matter of getting a proto part, making sure it fixed the problem and then getting it built in production quantity. This does take some time.

As a side note, all of the brackets are black. Short and long.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #20

Well, bclemens, I'm not sure what happened on our end, but we picked up our 2015 Solera 24R on May 6th and I believe we have the long camera mount and it is white-ish. (and for the record, we're fine with it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera mount.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	53017   Click image for larger version

Name:	camera mount2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	53018