Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #1

Difference between 2014 and 2015?

Just ordered a 2015 Solera 24R. Have seen the 2014s on the lot and in the brochures, and am wondering if there are any significant changes I can expect in receiving a 2015 instead?

We ordered the following options: full body paint, grill with quick connect, fantastic fan in LR, Bigfoot rear jacks, LR 12v TV, and back up camera.
knutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #2

Congrats on your new Solera 24R! Shouldn't be any changes at this time of year between a '14 and '15. Any changes usually happen later in the year.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #3

We ordered a 2015 24R also. I was told that the SE Package is now standard and solid surface countertops are being replaced with Formica in order to save weight. Brian from FR mentioned in another post that they might increase the size of the propane tank but I don't know if this has been confirmed or is something FR is looking at doing later in the year.

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #4

We have the 24S and have had it for 3 years. We love it, and very jealous of all the upgrades offered now! The levelers and different floor plans and moving the DEF tank under the hood.

Hope you guys enjoy yours as much as we have ours!

Happy camping!
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #5

Rear Window?

Also, I've noticed on the FR website that the 360 tour of the 24R bedroom shows a solid back wall behind the bed with two small side windows in the slide, but in the units we've seen on the lot, there are 3 windows in the slide - 2 small side windows and one large window behind the bed. Anyone know what's up with that and how to know what we'll get?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #6

We have a 2014 R ..Just be aware that unless FR did something about the location of the backup camera you will not be able to see anything about 3 ft or closer to the rear end because of the placement of the camera. The rear slide awning obstructs the camera view. I consider this a major safety issue.

Sent from my M470BSA using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #7

That would be totally unacceptable, the backup camera would be useless if you can't see the tow hookup!
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
Commercial Member

"a major safety issue"? I'm not sure I follow. Back up cameras are optional, not standard. If no back up camera is not a major safety issue, then I'm not sure why one that limits the view within 3' of the bumper would be.

Having said that...we are looking at a longer mounting bracket. Not because it is a safety issue, but because we'd like you to have full functionality. I'll post once I hear something.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #9

Hey bclemens, we just ordered ours on 3/8, so can you be sure to throw that longer mounting bracket for the camera on ours? lol
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #10

My expectations were that I would have full functionality. In my mind it is a safety issue because you have a camera and are looking at the camera view and unless you remember (every time) that you cannot see what is behind you within the first 3 feet you may backup and hit something or someone. My spouse only drives the RV rarely and had no clue she couldn't see the first 3 feet and backed up with a neighbor's child walking on the sidewalk behind the RV. To me that is a safety issue. What is the point of having the camera if you have to get out of the RV to check to see if anything or anyone is directly behind you?
kidagn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
Commercial Member

As soon as we get parts they would go on the very next unit.

As for the point of a back up camera...it is for added safety, convenience and extra precaution, not the removal of other precautions. Even on a car back up camera if there is a dog or something lower than the bumper then that is a safety issue. That is an existing safety issue...not one caused by adding the car back up camera.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #12

Have you tried to swivel the camera up? Most are mounted in a bracket. All mine came very short (hitch ball sight) adjusted to length of toad.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #13

BC, will you make those extensions available for purchase to the rest of us or supply a source?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Yes. We're ordering extras. As soon as we get them in I'll post.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #15

My dealer contacted FR and they will be sending an extension and the warranty will cover installation. (I do appreciate BC monitoring this forum)

Sent from my M470BSA using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #16
Commercial Member

See there...happy endings.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #17

Thanks so much BC and all. We can't wait for ours! It's only been a week and they said it could take up to 10!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #18

2014 added longer camera bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagn11 View Post
My expectations were that I would have full functionality. In my mind it is a safety issue because you have a camera and are looking at the camera view and unless you remember (every time) that you cannot see what is behind you within the first 3 feet you may backup and hit something or someone. My spouse only drives the RV rarely and had no clue she couldn't see the first 3 feet and backed up with a neighbor's child walking on the sidewalk behind the RV. To me that is a safety issue. What is the point of having the camera if you have to get out of the RV to check to see if anything or anyone is directly behind you?
After six months of haggling with the dealer and they with FR, I finally got the longer bracket mounted on my 24R - 2014. This allows the field of view to be from just behind the rear bumper to about 20 feet behind the coach. It was a huge hassle, but FR finally came through. I had to talk to a FR engineer to get this done. I hope they are providing this over site to be corrected for everyone.

See the picture provided. I only wish they had painted it white to match, but at this point, i am happy.

Rich

Solera 24R - 2014
Life is Good - All is Well
richhop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Looks like kidagn11 called and had no issue (may depend on the dealer). We were aware of the problem, it was just a matter of getting a proto part, making sure it fixed the problem and then getting it built in production quantity. This does take some time.

As a side note, all of the brackets are black. Short and long.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #20

Well, bclemens, I'm not sure what happened on our end, but we picked up our 2015 Solera 24R on May 6th and I believe we have the long camera mount and it is white-ish. (and for the record, we're fine with it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera mount.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	53017   Click image for larger version

Name:	camera mount2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	53018