Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #1

Does anyone know what these wires are for?

2013 24s Wires are under dinette seat (back corner). Total 4 wires, 2 of them (purple and white) are coming from corner of pantry under seat. The other two (black and white) are coming up thru slide under seat in corner. Black and purple are connected, and the 2 white wires are connected.

Have any ideas. I was hoping they were for bass speaker. I have seen were they put them in under the seat before.
Thanks
roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #2

White is generally ground and purple is used for backup lights / axillary on the pigtails. Black is normally "hot". About the only way to tell would be to trace the purple and see where it goes. It may have been easier to make the connections in that location. Probably tapped into the converter on one side and then to whatever is hooked up in the back.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #3

The purple and white go into and up thru pantry. I believe in ceiling.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #4

I just realized you were talking motorhome.... I think the wire colors should still be pretty standard though. Could be just about anything. I'd lean towards exhaust fans or something of that nature. Now I'm curious. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #5

Roberto, wiring diag. off a 2011 24s shows; Drop location coming from ceiling along side of pantry, wiring schematic indicates purple: bath vanity power feed, black: vanity light power feed. White not shown, so like raspivey said probably ground.

I hope this is more specific of answering your question. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the wiring didn't change much in model S from year to year, BUT its just a guess.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #6

Thank you all for your help. Bob
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #7

Still Kickin

Where did you get a wiring diag. of the Solera? That could be pretty handy to have.