Old 08-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #1

Dometic RV refrigerator Problem

A few days ago, after RV hook-ups with full service. My 2013 24 S Solera refrigerator stopped cooling in Auto (Propane) without being on electricity. How do I check to see if it is working in "Auto" on propane? All auto lights on the refrigerator checked okay and are on. I might have a relay problem, since I started the generator and ran it for 30 minutes then turned it off. Appreciate any and all info-Thanks.
CaptDan
Dallas, Texas

Old 08-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #2

what were your symptoms? we were in Dallas last night and it seems that the refrigerator is not cooling on propane even though the lights were normal (auto mode, only checked once, propane full ) . maybe it's a Dallas thing...

Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #3

To run on propane you must have 12v to the control board.

If you like to troubleshoot go out and open the refer access panel and make sure there is 12 v at the control board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

Will be watching this thread as I am having the same problem ALONG with my oven will not stay lit either. Burners work great, does one have anything to do with another?? Will check that voltage for sure though.
wowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #5

cousin1
if you are not on shore power, and the auto light comes on, don't you have to have 12v on the board? My lights all seem to act normally, but it doesn't seem to cool on propane. Is this what others are experiencing?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #6

It may be able to power the lights but not really good enough for the control board.

If you hear clicking then the igniter is trying to light the heater. That would indicate the 12v is probably ok. Then you have to start to look for obstructions in the heater or something stopping the gas flow like a faulty valve solenoid.

I used a shop vac once to clean out the heater tube to correct intermittent fire up.

If it's a gas problem you need a technician.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
A few days ago, after RV hook-ups with full service. My 2013 24 S Solera refrigerator stopped cooling in Auto (Propane) without being on electricity. How do I check to see if it is working in "Auto" on propane? All auto lights on the refrigerator checked okay and are on. I might have a relay problem, since I started the generator and ran it for 30 minutes then turned it off. Appreciate any and all info-Thanks.
CaptDan
Dallas, Texas
Just got through driving to Canyon Lake, Texas (3 hours), refrigerator is cooling but my batteries stay at 3 lights instead of charging to 4 lights. Might have a converter problem, will start trouble shooting the 12 volt system to see if I get 13.3 volts at the battery hooked up to electricity, etc. Thanks. More later.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #8

Is your coach level? I know the fridge is not working in my driveway because of the slope....
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #9

So last night on shore power. Refrigerator is cooling but barely. Coach is level. Appears to be a refrigerator issue not just propane. Manual references an inline fuse. Anyone know where to find it? Anyone know a good service center near Springfield Missouri?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #10

Open the outside panel where you have access to the fridge controls, there is a black plastic box with 2 fuses in it - I had a blown fuse last year there too!

Tags
dometic, refrigerator