Old 07-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #101

Forest river sent me a new liner when I had the blow out. This one has not given me any problem. But now the one on drivers side is. I replace several rivets on it a couple weeks ago.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #102

I lost a wheel cover on my Sunseeker (right rear). When I noticed it gone, it was after I had driven on the worst section of Interstate in the country (I-70 east in Indiana at the Ohio border). It was late at night and we hit a mile of the worst bumps and potholes I have ever experienced on an interstate highway. They should have just closed the road. So when a wheel cover was lost I blamed that. Have had no other troubles with others or the replacement I had to purchase. I don't blame Dicor or FR.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

Old 07-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
Pedrodasdas thanks for the great pictures, no everything makes sense...off with a handful of tie-wraps.....

X2

Guess its just an anomaly. Wire tie hub caps to rims, note to self.

BClemens, at least let us know if Dicor gets back to you on what their take is on the wheel cover rivets, as so disclosed by Pedrodasdas, thanks.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #104

On my way to Everett, Washington, from Southern California I noticed the valve extension stabilizer was cracked where it attaches to the wheel. If it had broken loose then it would act like a sail and would cause the valve extension to pull away from the tire resulting in a blowout The extension stabilizers are too thin and should be replaced. I suggest everyone check the their extension stabilizer for cracks. In order to get back home I wired the extension to the wheel. This is a major safety problem and needs to be address by FR or Sprinter before someone is killed or seriously injury.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydock View Post
On my way to Everett, Washington, from Southern California I noticed the valve extension stabilizer was cracked where it attaches to the wheel. If it had broken loose then it would act like a sail and would cause the valve extension to pull away from the tire resulting in a blowout The extension stabilizers are too thin and should be replaced. I suggest everyone check the their extension stabilizer for cracks. In order to get back home I wired the extension to the wheel. This is a major safety problem and needs to be address by FR or Sprinter before someone is killed or seriously injury.
Are you referring to the air filling system prior to the yellow air-flexx system. Do you have any pictures.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #106
GM

As soon as I hear something I will post it here.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #107

Send a message via Skype™ to Pedrodasdas
Meanwhile, I'm leaving for a 6 weeks on the road, direction Newfoundland !!!!!
Lot of potholes there, my liners will stay quietly in my garage. I just cleaned the wheels, they look great.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forest River Forums

Pierrôt and Sylvie D'Astous, Solera 2011
Canada in summer, FL-TX-LO-NM-AZ in winter !
Nights camped in: 2014-96, 2015-139, 2016-89
Pedrodasdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #108
GM

Talked to Dicor today. We looked at a bolt on version they were going to proto for Winnebago, but that Winnebago decided to stick with the current one (like we use). They say they are not seeing a bunch of issues in the field. Part of it may be that Mercedes has changed the wheel 3 times since we started, which means Dicor has change their design 3 times. It might be just the early design that had the problem, but I think it may be more than that.

It's tough to tell because we're dealing with two issues here. Originally the valve extensions bolted to the liner. Could that extra "off balance weight cause the liners to shift/vibrate slightly more than normal expediting an issue? Obviously you can lose them on rough roads, pot holes etc. That is the issue with any friction fit type liner. When we switched to the Air Flexx extensions we have not seen any abnormal rate of wheel liners coming off.

My recommendation is that you make sure you are using the Air Flexx (yellow extension). If you must install a bolt on valve extension it should bolt onto BOTH the wheel AND liner (at least the wheel). I would still zip tie the liner in that application.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #109
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydock View Post
Already addressed this in post 38.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #110

Thanks Brian for the follow-up. Much appreciated by all in this thread, im sure.